Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

21 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Sexual Abuse.

The Hem of His Garment × Sexual Abuse × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

healing from past abuse

I have been to numerous counselors and made many attempts to heal from my past abuse. Having gone through this study, I believe I have finally found the healing I have searched for many years. It is in the...

Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

every Christian should go through this study

I came from a background of some physical but more verbal and sexual abuse. I had not had an abortion so I questioned why I was suggested to do this study. I reluctantly got into it and I found I was guided...

Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

richest study

A couple of years ago, I went through Binding Up the Brokenhearted. I felt so much peace and freedom for the first time. I accepted Jesus’ forgiveness and was able to really let Jesus in and put my walls down....

Marriage · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

life giving study

I wanted to be in the Word all summer. I was at church with my small group and one of my dear friends had just finished the other study you have related to abortion. She was speechless about it, but I could...

Anger & Bitterness · Self-Harm · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

new level of healing

While I have been a believer for many years and I have experienced deep healing throughout the years from sexual abuse, this study brings healing to a new level as the truth of God’s Word penetrates to the...

Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real healing

I had a wonderful Healing Hearts counselor who had a similar past as I did and this was very important to me because everyone doesn’t quite understand what you may be experiencing. My parents had a very...

Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

FREEDOM

For many decades I lived with a sense of shame from having been sexually abused as a young child. It is this study that helped me find not only a fuller sense of God’s forgiveness but also the freedom from...

Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I understand His forgiveness at a deeper level

As a child, and as a teen, I was abused sexually. When I started this Bible study I did it to help others. As I progressed in the study I uncovered some old hurts that needed to be dealt with that I didn’t...

Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Study helped me ’’Get Real’’ with sins and doubts

This study encompasses the basics I needed to heal from my past abuse. I also learned how to continue on in my life, seeing myself as Christ views me. The study helped me ’’get real’’ with the sins and doubts...

Abuse · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgive attacker

If you are struggling with sexual abuse or sin, then you need this study. Through taking this study, God has shown me that it wasn’t my fault for what one man did. I didn’t need to live under the fear, guilt,...

Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

genuine healing

Before beginning the Healing Hearts ’’The Hem of His Garment’’ Bible study, I never understood why I could not truly be happy on the inside when on the outside, it appeared I had it all together. It had been...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

rape and molestation not my fault

This study has helped me greatly. I realized that I had blocked out my entire life after a moment in time when I had been involved in a rape by someone I trusted. Over time, in this study, I was able to...

Abuse · Guilt & Shame · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

commend this study to anyone caught in a whirlpool of grief and pain

As an adult I was abused. I had physical challenges. Horrific family problems struck, convincing me I was a failure as a parent. I was a believer since my childhood, but these experiences made me feel like...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

piece of puzzle

When I started this study, I was hoping my heart could be healed from my past hurts, specifically sexual abuse as a child, chronic perfectionism and insecurity, and depression and anxiety. I do believe this...

Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

restored marriage

God has healed me from my childhood pain of being raped and molested. I left my husband, confused between past and present pain. God has restored my marriage and given me a mind that is focused on Him.

Family & Relationships · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

many lessons

Healing Hearts has taught me that God loves me and wants me to be free from the lies of the enemy. I no longer have to feel guilty of the molestation of my past. It was not my fault. I did not deserved it. Bad...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

released from guilt and shame

I thank God for this program. I have been able to deal with depression, mom leaving me when I was two and sexual abuse at 3 yrs old, disappointments in my life. I never had addressed guilt and shame but...

Depression · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiveness

This Bible study has helped me to forgive more completely family members who were abusive to me and sexually abused my daughter. I feel like it is full forgiveness, but I am open to the idea that God may have...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Less of me, more of Him

I began this study with bitterness (though it took me a while to really see it!). I was still very much stuck in the victim mentality and perhaps was still silently running from others and even my own...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Physical Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Sins of my father, sins of mine

I was physically and emotionally abused by my father until I married and moved out at age 19. For my entire life, until this study, I carried around unforgiveness and hatred for him and the things he had done...

Abortion · Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Do not believe the Lie

I came to this study to equip me to serve single moms whose lives are bruised and broken. I came so incredibly healed from my childhood sexual abuse that, though I knew there were still some areas of...

Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →