Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

15 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Low Self-Esteem.

The Hem of His Garment × Low Self-Esteem × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

unconditional love and grace

I have lived my life feeling different, damaged, invisible, hopeless and worthless. I had learned to hold everything in and pretend everything was fine, when it wasn’t. This study was a blessing and at the...

Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Life Changing

Although a born-again church-goer, I began this study very distant from my Lord and Savior. I was constantly plagued by feelings of self-doubt, lack of trust for others, thoughts of wishing suicide, very...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

A broken vase is how I always saw myself. I always felt that a person like me will never walk in freedom from my past hurts and pain. Resentment was the god in my heart. I fed my idol because I did not trust...

Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real healing

I had a wonderful Healing Hearts counselor who had a similar past as I did and this was very important to me because everyone doesn’t quite understand what you may be experiencing. My parents had a very...

Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

FREE!

I will never forget the impact this study has had on my life. The Father did heart surgery it was so painful at times but glorious too! I am so thankful for His word and for this ministry. You will know the...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

opened my eyes

This study has truly helped open my eyes to areas in my life I didn't even know I was still struggling with. It helped me see how God feels about me and to learn more about my identity in Christ. The chapters...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

commend this study to anyone caught in a whirlpool of grief and pain

As an adult I was abused. I had physical challenges. Horrific family problems struck, convincing me I was a failure as a parent. I was a believer since my childhood, but these experiences made me feel like...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

higly recommend

This study has helped me look inside myself at things I've already been healed from and things I still need to work on. It's allowed me to open God's word and study it more in depth. Also, what I've learned I...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Sexual Immorality · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I feel a weight has been lifted.

I am so thankful that this study was available to me in my time of need. I left a marriage in which I was abused, betrayed, and broken. The past two years of my life have been very difficult. I started out...

Abuse · Betrayal · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

strength and hope

6 years ago, I agreed to try life the Lord's way, instead of my own. I had been living from one relationship to the next, and striving to find love and acceptance from a man. Christ gave me a peace I had never...

Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Freedom · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Started out angry, bitter and insecure

When I came into this study I was angry, bitter, insecure, and just unable to function in life around people. I have a long history of hurts from those closest to me. I just stopped sharing life with people...

Family & Relationships · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I was trying to fit in..

I have been a christian for 15 years and have struggled with myself trying to fit in, when I now see I neglected to seek Jesus with all my heart. This study has introduced me to the Jesus I have never known. I...

Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Weights in my life

I accepted be Lord before starting this journey. I knew there were 'weights' in my life that kept tripping me up as I followed Christ. I never realized that I had shackles of burdens of sins, ungodly belief,...

Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

prayed that Someone would love me

Thank you! thank you! thank you! To put into words a spiritual transformation is simply said HE IS SUFFICIENT! I grew up in a violent alcoholic home feeling very much terrified and alone in trying to cope. I...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Former Atheist and Psychologist

I became a believer about 17 years ago after a lifetime of living for self. I was an atheist, and a follower of humanistic psychology. I worked professionally in that realm until I realized that I could no...

Anxiety & Fear · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →