Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

27 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Depression.

The Hem of His Garment × Depression × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

Life Changing

Although a born-again church-goer, I began this study very distant from my Lord and Savior. I was constantly plagued by feelings of self-doubt, lack of trust for others, thoughts of wishing suicide, very...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

study was hard at first

This study was hard at first. I came in depressed and confused about Jesus and scripture. I had struggled with self harm, anorexia and bulimia in different cycles. I had been through abuse and bad...

Depression · Self-Harm · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

future with Jesus

It was the intervention of God in my life to hear about Healing Hearts when I did, as I was enrolled and ready to commence another online mental health clinic. I had decided that particular clinic would just...

Depression · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

path to healing

This study has been so timely. This last summer was one of the hardest times in my life. I was mentally ill due to extreme undereating and deeply depressed from not dealing with painful events that had been a...

Depression · Self-Harm · Trauma · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

from depression to Jesus

I had turned to so many other ’’good’’ things trying to survive depression. Through that, I forgot the one truly good thing, Jesus. This bible study did not have to talk about all of the psychological parts of...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

He Is With Me Every Day

God chose to stir my soul anew through this study, The Hem of His Garment. Two dear friends encouraged me to take the study, and here I am, just a few short weeks later, looking back on how God has talked to...

Depression · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

was bitter, depressed and lonely

Before this study, I was a very bitter, depressed, lonely girl. Now, nearly 6 months later, I am a strong, forgiving, in control person. This study has helped me gain back a lot of the sanity in my life. The...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

I am so thankful for this study. When I began, I was just fulfilling the requirement to lead a study. But, as I’ve gone through it, I laid my soul bare before the throne of God. Our family has been through so...

Depression · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

FREE!

I will never forget the impact this study has had on my life. The Father did heart surgery it was so painful at times but glorious too! I am so thankful for His word and for this ministry. You will know the...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

opened my eyes

This study has truly helped open my eyes to areas in my life I didn't even know I was still struggling with. It helped me see how God feels about me and to learn more about my identity in Christ. The chapters...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God stuff

Before this study my life was jaded. My marriage, though stable, seemed to be perched precariously on the edge of a cliff and all I had to do was step the wrong way to have it crumble down around myself. My...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

bendecido

El Señor me ha mostrado que sin amor, bondad, control, paciencia, gozo no podemos caminar en su senda, no es facil!! Pero Dios l aun lo dificil lo hace posible, en este libro aprendi que para vivir una vida...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

changed, healed, renewed, restored

I don't think it is possible to spend time in the Word and NOT be changed, healed, renewed, restored. I really appreciate Michele's partnership in this study, as she gently encouraged and challenged me.

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

heart was broken

Healing Hearts is a ministry that, I believe, comes from the Father’s heart. This Bible study has impacted my life tremendously. I have been through many trials and disappointments throughout my life, and the...

Abuse · Betrayal · Depression · Rejection & Abandonment · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

love and grace

This has reminded me of the love and Grace God has given. It reminds me of all the places I had strong holds before I was healed.

Addiction · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Pornography · Self-Harm · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

new hope

This study has brought a renewed hope for the future for me.

Depression · Estrangement · Grief & Loss · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

higly recommend

This study has helped me look inside myself at things I've already been healed from and things I still need to work on. It's allowed me to open God's word and study it more in depth. Also, what I've learned I...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Sexual Immorality · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

good study

.....I think the study does a good job of showing God's love, grace and mercy while also challenging the participant to become more grounded and mature in their walk with God. I appreciated the mentor...

Depression · Struggles with Forgiveness · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

transformed

When I started this Bible Study I was sure I would not finish it. I was angry, full of hatred, full of anxiety, depression, and wanted to leave my husband. I thought nothing would be able to change my heart or...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Marriage · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

piece of puzzle

When I started this study, I was hoping my heart could be healed from my past hurts, specifically sexual abuse as a child, chronic perfectionism and insecurity, and depression and anxiety. I do believe this...

Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

From darkness and depression to hope and freedom

From darkness and depression to hope and freedom, that's how this study impacted my life. While I was hopelessly struggling with deep depression and destructive behavior, I started this study as a last resort,...

Depression · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

completely changed

The Lord has truly changed me completely through Healing Hearts. I began this study at just the right time in my life. I never really realized how much my past had affected me, and how I had so much hidden in...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

feels good to feel good

8 months ago, my life fell completely apart. I reluctantly began this study, not really expecting much to happen. I felt God had abandoned me and hadn't answered my cries for help for years. Why would a Bible...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

released from guilt and shame

I thank God for this program. I have been able to deal with depression, mom leaving me when I was two and sexual abuse at 3 yrs old, disappointments in my life. I never had addressed guilt and shame but...

Depression · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
← Newer Page 1 of 2 Older →