Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

32 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Abuse.

The Hem of His Garment × Abuse × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

worthy of Jesus’ love

The Healing Hearts program is completed. Thank you so much, Mr. Miller, for taking the time to make sure I could read the written lessons by making it possible to make the print bigger for less eye strain. The...

Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiveness for assault

God showed me that I had internalized an assault to the point that I believed I could not trust even Him. But He said that He would heal me from that pain, if I just stepped out on my faith, and grab a hold of...

Abuse · Trauma · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healing from past abuse

I have been to numerous counselors and made many attempts to heal from my past abuse. Having gone through this study, I believe I have finally found the healing I have searched for many years. It is in the...

Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

every Christian should go through this study

I came from a background of some physical but more verbal and sexual abuse. I had not had an abortion so I questioned why I was suggested to do this study. I reluctantly got into it and I found I was guided...

Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real relationships

There are so many ways that this study has impacted me. It seemed that every time I sat down to the study there was something that would resonate deep into my soul. I really approached this study knowing that...

Abortion · Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

How has this study impacted my life? Where do I begin?! God has filled the hole in my heart. The hole was there since childhood wanting unconditional love and nurturing from my parents who were both...

Abuse · Substance Abuse · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiveness is a must

To God be the glory for the great things He has done in my life through Healing Hearts Ministry. I would like to thank my sister in Christ who lead me to the class online, knowing all that I was going through...

Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Study helped me ’’Get Real’’ with sins and doubts

This study encompasses the basics I needed to heal from my past abuse. I also learned how to continue on in my life, seeing myself as Christ views me. The study helped me ’’get real’’ with the sins and doubts...

Abuse · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

genuine healing

Before beginning the Healing Hearts ’’The Hem of His Garment’’ Bible study, I never understood why I could not truly be happy on the inside when on the outside, it appeared I had it all together. It had been...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

opened my eyes

This study has truly helped open my eyes to areas in my life I didn't even know I was still struggling with. It helped me see how God feels about me and to learn more about my identity in Christ. The chapters...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

heart was broken

Healing Hearts is a ministry that, I believe, comes from the Father’s heart. This Bible study has impacted my life tremendously. I have been through many trials and disappointments throughout my life, and the...

Abuse · Betrayal · Depression · Rejection & Abandonment · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

This study has taken me from a place of not wanting to have a relationship/husband ever again because the pain and suffering that I had endured in the past to wanting a second chance at having a relationship...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

rape and molestation not my fault

This study has helped me greatly. I realized that I had blocked out my entire life after a moment in time when I had been involved in a rape by someone I trusted. Over time, in this study, I was able to...

Abuse · Guilt & Shame · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

commend this study to anyone caught in a whirlpool of grief and pain

As an adult I was abused. I had physical challenges. Horrific family problems struck, convincing me I was a failure as a parent. I was a believer since my childhood, but these experiences made me feel like...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I feel a weight has been lifted.

I am so thankful that this study was available to me in my time of need. I left a marriage in which I was abused, betrayed, and broken. The past two years of my life have been very difficult. I started out...

Abuse · Betrayal · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healed

I have felt God's warmth and love throughout this process. Thank you dear Lord for the Healing Hearts Ministry because You are using this study to bring more of us broken women to be healed at your feet. Thank...

Abortion · Abuse · Betrayal · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real problem

This study is amazing because it shows you that the real problem wasn't the abuse, but it was the sinful energy I have been using to live my life apart from God.

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Physical Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

free and peaceful

Before I joined this study, I was wounded and broken. I was independent even though I'm married with 2 beautiful kids. I wasn't opened to my husband like I should've been. My breakthrough was when I had to be...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Physical Abuse · Trauma · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

find purpose

Thank you for this absolute fantastic study. I have finally been able to get rid of those chains that have held me back for so long. I can warmly recommend this study for any women who have suffered any kind...

Abuse · Freedom · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

reommend for personal growth, to be closer to God, or been through abuse

I have recommended this course to several people already. I loved the course and even though I was farther along in my recovery than the course itself, it helped me to learn even more about God's word. I am...

Abuse · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

not defined by what was done

I honestly didn't think that healing would ever come! I never saw that Jesus died for my sufferings. That alone has changed my life. Then, to move forward and see I was holding on to anger and bitterness...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

Thank you Healing Hearts! I have walked through this bible study, sometimes crawled, and am so grateful for the enlightenment into a deeper understanding of God's great love for me. I have been a believer for...

Abuse · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 1 of 2 Older →