Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

145 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Spiritual Growth.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Spiritual Growth × Clear filters
6:22
Video testimony
Binding Up the Brokenhearted & Restoring a Father's Heart

The Secret That Nearly Destroyed Our Marriage

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Watch their story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

biblical focus

I had already done a few post-abortive programs/studies (Living in Colour, Rachel’s Vineyard), but I am grateful for this one, as I was curious what all it entailed. I appreciate the Biblical focus and how...

Abortion · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I am writing this today with a heart that is filled with gratitude to Healing Hearts Ministries and my awesome counselor, Laurie, for her patience and understanding as she gently walked me through both Binding...

Abortion · Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Physical Abuse · Sexual Abuse · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus is enough

This course is thorough in the study of our Savior in Jesus Christ. I took away a very good point. All of those years I tried to forgive myself--we are not to do that as Jesus is enough! The teachers are...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

His forgiveness is more than enough

This study has been such a blessing. It’s been the best kind of challenge because it brought some things out of me that needed to be brought to light. Self-examination was difficult at times, but I want to...

Abortion · Marriage · Freedom · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

42 years hiding a secret

After spending 42 years of my life hiding this secret and allowing it to destroy me from the inside, I found a church and a ministry that has allowed me to finally open up this part of my life. It helped me to...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

appeared to have it all

I appeared to have it all. A successful business, a handsome husband who loved me, 3 beautiful children, a dog and even the white picket fence house. I dreamed big dreams and achieved them. People in the...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I have been freed from hate and anger. They led my inner thoughts and emotions, not so much on the outside towards people, but on the inside that translated to annoyance for my son and mom. Today, I do not...

Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

emotional turmoil

I had been living in emotional turmoil for years. I knew that was not how my life should go. Now being healed and set free from my past has really changed my life as I am a better mom, wife and daughter. I...

Grief & Loss · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

applicable to all areas

This study is truly biblical and is applicable to all areas of a believer’s life where healing and growth in Christ are needed. I have been blessed to be a part of this study. I am hopeful that I will be able...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgive

I knew that God had forgiven me for my sin of abortion. But I kept it locked away, and never looked at it. I felt that if I just forgot that it ever happened, then I would never have to face the remorse and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

set free

This study has peeled back layers of hurt and pain that I didn’t realize existed in me. The safety of this study allowed me to be 100% honest. The truth of God’s Word and love has set me free on a new level...

Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

self-forgiveness

I came at a point of desperation and grief. My abortions happened many many years ago and I knew God would forgive, but I could not forgive myself. Thru this study, I found that self-forgiveness is not written...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

opened deep wounds and healed them

To be honest, I did not think this study would have much impact on me. I felt I’d heard and read it all before. But God blessed my time in this study, and I’ve been blessed by Madge and her encouragement. It...

Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

’’...that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of...

Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

complete confidence in who I am now

This bible study has impacted my life in so many different ways. I’m so grateful! One is just feeling God’s daily grace and love more than I’ve ever felt. I have grown so much in my knowledge of the bible, by...

Guilt & Shame · Identity in Christ · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

made whole again

This course has become the instrument of my salvation. Going through the study, with the counseling, has helped me understand how I needed to turn my life back to Christ. I know I am human. I know how hard it...

Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

see choices through God’s eyes

When I was asked to go through Healing Hearts in order to volunteer at our local pro-life clinic, I really didn’t think this was necessary. I had several abortions 30 years before when I wasn’t a believer and...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God meets you where you are

This study has blessed me in ways I could not have imaged when I first started this journey. There were tears, anger, and regrets and even a couple of laughs. Through it all, I have come out stronger in Christ...

Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

happy and healed

Thank you to my leader, Michele Smith, for gently nudging me along in my study and being a part of my path to righteousness. I will forever be thankful for this experience. I truly feel happy and healed more...

Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

sin before abortion

This study opened my eyes and my heart to the roots of sin that were there before my abortion and the unrepented sins after. Confessing these and praying about them was so healing. I am so grateful for my...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

overcome trauma

This study has allowed me to gain wisdom and truth utilizing and revealing what God’s Word says about life and death. It has allowed me to explore deeper understanding of trauma that can stem from an abortion,...

Abortion · Trauma · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freed from condemnation

Only God knows the depths of the impact that this study will have on my life. I had confessed my sins of abortion early on in my relationship with Jesus, but never felt free from the condemnation that would...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

restored

I went into this study hoping to turn to God to release my anguish from abortion, and received so much more. I did not realize how disconnected I was from living the way God wants me to live. Not only did I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 1 of 7 Older →