Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

137 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Hope.

The Hem of His Garment × Hope × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

From darkness and depression to hope and freedom

From darkness and depression to hope and freedom, that's how this study impacted my life. While I was hopelessly struggling with deep depression and destructive behavior, I started this study as a last resort,...

Depression · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A Story of Hope

This Bible study has been one of the most powerful ones I have done. Although I apologize it has taken me more time than most, and I have not used my time wisely and been under attack, God faithful lead me...

Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I thought I didn't need this BUT...I was wrong!

When I started this study I was sure it didn't have much for me since I had already gone through the BUP study. I was wrong! God showed me that I still carried unforgiveness, then showed me how it grieves His...

Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Healing is available

Before this study, I was like the folks crowded around Jesus. Standing back in amazement of what He could do. I was a sort of a spectator if you will....I knew He could heal others, but me? Through the working...

Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

feels good to feel good

8 months ago, my life fell completely apart. I reluctantly began this study, not really expecting much to happen. I felt God had abandoned me and hadn't answered my cries for help for years. Why would a Bible...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

from fear to letting go

When I started this study I was full of fear. Fear of the future and the unknown and not willing or able to trust God in it. Honestly, many of the circumstances have not changed, but I'm allowing myself to let...

Anxiety & Fear · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

different person today

This study is one that I didn't think I needed, but, the Lord brought me to it and I thought "well, this should be a breeze - I don't have a lot to work though". About 2 minutes into the study - I was greatly...

Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

released from guilt and shame

I thank God for this program. I have been able to deal with depression, mom leaving me when I was two and sexual abuse at 3 yrs old, disappointments in my life. I never had addressed guilt and shame but...

Depression · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiven and living in grace

Coming into this study, I was unaware of the burden I was carrying. I have been a church going Christian all my life and have been through many studies. The Hem of His Garment is most certainly the one that...

Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

chains broken

I look back and see that I started this bible study almost five years ago. Life circumstances kept taking me away but I always kept in the back of my mind Healing Hearts and that I knew God had something here...

Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Changed from the inside out

I was in a place of despair and hopelessness, but God....He brought this study to me and changed me from the inside out. He set me free from the chains that have kept me bound for more than 20 years. I have...

Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiveness

This Bible study has helped me to forgive more completely family members who were abusive to me and sexually abused my daughter. I feel like it is full forgiveness, but I am open to the idea that God may have...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

thank you

Just like to say thank you.

Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Great guidance in turmoil

Whilst going through a period of turmoil in my life, I did not know which way my life was heading and why. This course gave me great guidance; especially my counselor Kathy who always encouraged and prayed for...

Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

So grateful

I am so grateful that I did this study. I have seen things changing in my life for the better. I have been blessed by this study. By doing this study I learned that nothing is too big or too small for God to...

Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I am alive again

This study has been foundational and paramount to the future success and life destiny that I am to fufill. Had I not been exposed and fully involved in this study, I would still be a broken, misguided, less...

Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Abusers, I have changed

I entered this study after having escaped an extremely abusive marriage. I was blaming myself for not being better, even though I had tried and tried. I had also been raised by an abusive mother and a somewhat...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

What I have learned

I can not express how grateful I am that the Lord led me to this website. I did not rush through the lessons but took every nugget and allowed God to use it as He would. In this process I have grown in...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Focus

I have been a Christian since 1976 and over the years I learned that I must always keep the Lord first in my life so when problems come my way I will be strong in my faith knowing the Lord will see me through...

Anger & Bitterness · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God is not mad at me

I am glad and thankful that God led me to this study... After taking it I now have a different idea about God. At first, I thought of Him as a cold, distant father, always mad at me, never satisfied with me,...

Forgiveness · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Trust in Him alone

I am going through one of the roughest times I can remember, but through this study I have grown so much closer to Jesus. I have peace in my heart knowing how much Jesus loves me and cares, and that He will...

Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

The Lord gives life

I started this study confused, feeling alone in the Lord and ANGRY! Now I feel it is so much easier to forgive, I strive daily to have peace, and the greatest of all, my husband and I took the steps and were...

Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Warmth and Light

Human rejection has always such been a big part of my life story. "The Hem of His Garment" has helped me to deeply understand and believe that God's ways aren't our ways, and that man's rejection doesn't mean...

Anger & Bitterness · Marriage · Rejection & Abandonment · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
← Newer Page 5 of 6 Older →