Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

137 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Hope.

The Hem of His Garment × Hope × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

rape and molestation not my fault

This study has helped me greatly. I realized that I had blocked out my entire life after a moment in time when I had been involved in a rape by someone I trusted. Over time, in this study, I was able to...

Abuse · Guilt & Shame · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

had a superficial knowledge

This study has taught me so much about Jesus and the bible. I had just a superficial knowledge of Christ and the bible before this, even though I attend church most Sundays and volunteer in may ways through...

Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

better parent

I want to thank Healing Hearts and my instructor for the encouragement, the explanations, and the clarifications. I never knew so many things that I have learned with this study. Marriage is based on so much...

Family & Relationships · Marriage · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

commend this study to anyone caught in a whirlpool of grief and pain

As an adult I was abused. I had physical challenges. Horrific family problems struck, convincing me I was a failure as a parent. I was a believer since my childhood, but these experiences made me feel like...

Abuse · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

highly recommend

I'd highly recommend it, as it was to me, for just about anyone suffering. We're all broken and carrying around baggage that only God can remove for us. In His name I'm made new and feel oppression has been...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

higly recommend

This study has helped me look inside myself at things I've already been healed from and things I still need to work on. It's allowed me to open God's word and study it more in depth. Also, what I've learned I...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Sexual Immorality · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God brought healing to my heart, and peace about the past.

The Hem of His Garment was a wonderful Bible study which helped me to grow in the knowledge of Christ. Working through this study, with the help of a counselor, was one of the tools God used to bring healing...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I feel a weight has been lifted.

I am so thankful that this study was available to me in my time of need. I left a marriage in which I was abused, betrayed, and broken. The past two years of my life have been very difficult. I started out...

Abuse · Betrayal · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

started with a storm of anxiety

I began this study in a storm of anxiety, after a year of dealing with a serious health issue. My goal was to avoid the psychologist and medication that were recommended to me. What I hadn't counted on, as I...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

very thankful

I am so very thankful I did find this. It explained things to me, used scripture to help me to see what healing I need, and how I should not feel punished. It has helped me to gain a more positive outlook on...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

His grace is enough

I thought I knew God's word, but many parts had just become words. This study has brought them alive and His word has brought sustenance and freedom and power and forgiveness. I had begun to feel alone,...

Rejection & Abandonment · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healed

I have felt God's warmth and love throughout this process. Thank you dear Lord for the Healing Hearts Ministry because You are using this study to bring more of us broken women to be healed at your feet. Thank...

Abortion · Abuse · Betrayal · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

greater understanding

I thank God that I was able to return to this study. I started this study and had to stop due to hospitalization and surgery. I am so thankful that Ms. Mary Sue spoke to me about this study and I believe she...

Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

life enriched

I thank God for what I have learned through the "The Hem of His Garment" bible study. My life has been enriched with the great truths of the Bible. This bible study has helped me to know God in a way I have...

Guilt & Shame · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

from a broken home

I Thank God for this study, for it has really helped me. I was a person who grew up in a broken home. I never experienced how it feels to have two parents. I never experienced love from my both parents. I...

Anger & Bitterness · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Rejection & Abandonment · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

free and peaceful

Before I joined this study, I was wounded and broken. I was independent even though I'm married with 2 beautiful kids. I wasn't opened to my husband like I should've been. My breakthrough was when I had to be...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Physical Abuse · Trauma · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real problem

This study is amazing because it shows you that the real problem wasn't the abuse, but it was the sinful energy I have been using to live my life apart from God.

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Physical Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

impacted my life

The Hem of His Garment Bible study has greatly impacted my life in so many ways! It has changed the way I treat and look at both my husband and children. In working through The Hem of His Garment Bible study,...

Family & Relationships · Marriage · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

equipped

This study has helped me see the root causes of much of my self-inflicted pain. By that I mean, others have sinned against me and I have willfully sinned myself. But it is understanding what I do with that...

Anger & Bitterness · Betrayal · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

plan

This study has helped me to see that God has a plan for me. A plan to prosper me and not to harm me. A plan to give me hope and a future. I have found freedom from the Cross. Thank you!

Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

amazing growth

This has been such an amazing time of growth for me. It's hard to believe so much can change in 3 months. I have left the place of bitterness, ingratitude and sadness. God and His word has brought me to a...

Anger & Bitterness · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

He will direct path

I know that the Lord is continuing His work in me even when I stumble into my bad habits. I am becoming more encouraged the more I spend time in His word. I have often struggled with self condemnation. I feel...

Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

strength and hope

6 years ago, I agreed to try life the Lord's way, instead of my own. I had been living from one relationship to the next, and striving to find love and acceptance from a man. Christ gave me a peace I had never...

Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Freedom · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
← Newer Page 4 of 6 Older →