Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

67 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

The Hem of His Garment × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

wounded to truly free

This bible study has given me the help and guidance to get my wounded soul healed completely. I feel renewed in my spirit and I am ready now to continue my journey and develop a deeper relationship with the...

Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

completely changed

The Lord has truly changed me completely through Healing Hearts. I began this study at just the right time in my life. I never really realized how much my past had affected me, and how I had so much hidden in...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

feels good to feel good

8 months ago, my life fell completely apart. I reluctantly began this study, not really expecting much to happen. I felt God had abandoned me and hadn't answered my cries for help for years. Why would a Bible...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

many lessons

Healing Hearts has taught me that God loves me and wants me to be free from the lies of the enemy. I no longer have to feel guilty of the molestation of my past. It was not my fault. I did not deserved it. Bad...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

guilt and shame replaced

Praise to Our Dear Heavenly Father and Our Dear Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit for Healing Hearts. I was immersed in deep guilt and shame for the sins of my past, especially towards one of my...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

no longer defined by past

Prior to taking part in this study, I felt defined by the experiences of my past. I was ashamed of the experiences and was imprisoned by them. Through the help of this study, I have found the freedom I have so...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I was trying to fit in..

I have been a christian for 15 years and have struggled with myself trying to fit in, when I now see I neglected to seek Jesus with all my heart. This study has introduced me to the Jesus I have never known. I...

Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Weights in my life

I accepted be Lord before starting this journey. I knew there were 'weights' in my life that kept tripping me up as I followed Christ. I never realized that I had shackles of burdens of sins, ungodly belief,...

Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Rationalization to freedom

I must say, this is the most comprehensive bible study I've ever experienced. I stumbled upon it (well, the Lord led me to it) as I was looking up verses on healing on the internet for my son. From the first...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God's Word at work

God is so Good. When I went through with the abortion almost fifteen years ago, I carried such self anger, grief and shame. The teaching of the Gospel truly set me free. I know that I am forgiven, set free,...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God didn't want me to conceal it

I didn't understand why I could feel so close to God yet feel so much anger whenever I came in contact with certain people or events. I had been forgiven, God was doing a mighty work of restoration, yet why...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God's Love

God has used this study in my life to show me that he does love me, and that he loves me deeply. I can either accept that and actually grow in my abundant life with him, or, I can turn away from the gift of...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

A wonderful resource

This Bible study helped reveal areas in my life that were still in need of healing even though I had received forgiveness. It also reaffirmed areas. I have been healed and walk in freedom; no longer sitting...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God draws me nearer

I started this study wanting something different in my life. I felt so guilty, hurting, bitter, angry, you name it. I felt like God was helping and loving everyone else and keeping me at a distance. Working...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Defined by Christ

After many years of dealing with the burden of shame and guilt from my past sins, this study was recommended by an old friend. Through this study and my wonderful e-counselor Judy, God has been able to open my...

Divorce · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

prayed that Someone would love me

Thank you! thank you! thank you! To put into words a spiritual transformation is simply said HE IS SUFFICIENT! I grew up in a violent alcoholic home feeling very much terrified and alone in trying to cope. I...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Family & Relationships · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God has great plans

Healing Hearts has helped restore my faith in God and how God has shown me grace in my sinful life and today as well. I have taken both studies and feel that the impact that they create in one's life can and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Past buried? Dig deep into God's Word

For many years I suffered through the pain of my abortions. I held on to unforgiveness and the shame of what I had done. I tried hard to keep it all buried deep inside, but my wounds were deep and infected and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Former Atheist and Psychologist

I became a believer about 17 years ago after a lifetime of living for self. I was an atheist, and a follower of humanistic psychology. I worked professionally in that realm until I realized that I could no...

Anxiety & Fear · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 3 of 3 Older →