Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

221 stories from The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Spiritual Growth.

The Hem of His Garment × Spiritual Growth × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

Peace and reassurance

This study has provided peace and reassurance for me of God’s Love and sovereignty.

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

closer to Jesus

This study has healed my heart and brought me much closer to Jesus. With the help of my leader, I’ve learned so much and grown both spiritually and emotionally. I’m very grateful for this study and I recommend...

Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

study reignites love for Savior

This Bible study reignited my love and appreciation for all that my Savior accomplished through His death and resurrection. Each chapter, pointing to Scripture, penetrated my heart and renewed my joy. I’m so...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

feeling free

I am feeling free from my past hurts and how I have hurt people that I love deeply. Believing that God has forgiven me was key for me. I was so hung up on what I thought was ’’not forgiving myself’’. God had...

Anger & Bitterness · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Praise for renewal and refocus

In December 2018, I resigned from seven years of employment in Cambodia as a project director of girls and women’s shelter. Yes, I experienced God’s peace, many challenges, stresses, temptations, and...

Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

struggled, now has tools to battle

I have struggled for so many years with the burden of what happened to me as a child and young adult. I have carried it with me for so long that I did not know where to turn. Though I prayed and read...

Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

set free

This study is life changing! It isn’t easy at times because you have to go deep to uncover the pain to properly heal, but it is worth it to be set free. Thank you God for doing just that!

Freedom · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I was a victim

Before taking on this study, I was the victim, I was defensive, I was hurt. It was their fault why I am who I am now. Then, things changed as I walked though Jesus’ sufferings . He died for me? He did no...

Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

new level of healing

While I have been a believer for many years and I have experienced deep healing throughout the years from sexual abuse, this study brings healing to a new level as the truth of God’s Word penetrates to the...

Sexual Abuse · Freedom · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

hard questions

This study wasn’t easy. It makes you ask some hard questions of yourself and come to terms with things that may have been difficult to address or admit to. However, in the end, it opened my eyes to a level of...

Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

real healing

I had a wonderful Healing Hearts counselor who had a similar past as I did and this was very important to me because everyone doesn’t quite understand what you may be experiencing. My parents had a very...

Low Self-Esteem · Rejection & Abandonment · Sexual Abuse · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

second time

This is my second time through this study and I have learned that it is not necessarily a ’’one time study.’’ It is not an easy study that I looked forward to repeating, but rather, a worthwhile endeavor that...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forgiveness

I found the lessons on forgiveness to be especially helpful for it asks why you set one standard for yourself and another people. My counselor was also extremely helpful throughout. She provided me with...

Forgiveness · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

growth

I worked with an amazing counselor, Kimberley, who was patient and kind and also not afraid to challenge me. I can truly see growth in myself. I can see how the study has changed my understanding of my past,...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

blessed

Having worked through this Bible study, I feel so grateful to God, and to all the people who have invested themselves in making this study possible. I have been personally very blessed through this study, and...

Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

all sufficient source

This study focuses on God’s Word as the all sufficient source for all healing. I appreciate how deep the study digs while gently prodding the participant to go further. This study doesn’t sugar coat anything.

Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healing process

I think this can be a good study for anyone. I have come a long way in my healing process but there were still a couple of things in this study that helped guide my thinking. The chapter on intimacy really...

Marriage · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

life changing

This study was life changing. This was recommended to me by a family member. I am forever grateful that she told me about this study.

Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

eyes on Jesus

This study has been a blessing for me. I had thought so many of the issues that I came across growing up had been dealt with, and this study dug deep into the core of them and forced me to deal with them with...

Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

forever grateful

If you are ready to take on something that will change your life, then this study is for you! If you are not ready to dig deep into your damaged past or marital issues, then this study is not for you. I say...

Marriage · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Jesus is the healer

If you have tried other books, courses, or therapies that have caused you to feel wilted and not completely set free, I encourage you to journey, “The Hem of His Garment”. Be warned: there is no special...

Freedom · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

from depression to Jesus

I had turned to so many other ’’good’’ things trying to survive depression. Through that, I forgot the one truly good thing, Jesus. This bible study did not have to talk about all of the psychological parts of...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

sufficient grace

I almost did not finish this, but so glad I did! So many great points this study has that I know will stay with me. Realizing the depth of Our Savior’s sacrifice for us through His body on the cross. May I...

Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

who God really is

You can spend years going to church and to a bible study to learn about God. But this study has taught me who God really is and how much He loves me and wants a relationship with me, that I really do matter to...

Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 2 of 10 Older →