Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

19 stories from women in The Hem of His Garment who have walked through Grief & Loss.

The Hem of His Garment × Women × Grief & Loss × Clear filters
”
The Hem of His Garment

turning point in healing process

This study was a turning point in my healing process, after the death of my son. God is using my grief to help me go deeper in my love for Him, and my understanding of Scripture.

Grief & Loss · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

completely transformed

WOW!!! This Bible study has renewed and transformed me in ways I didn’t expect. My greatest joy comes from my rekindled heart for God and really understanding and seeing myself as His Child in Christ! But in...

Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Learned to be the person Jesus died for

Healing Hearts Ministry has truly helped me and touched my heart. I have not only learned how to heal but also learned how to be the person Jesus died for. I can not thank this ministry enough for helping me...

Grief & Loss · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

I was able to fully forgive

When I started this study I was suffering from pain due to the betrayal of a friend, and the death of our friendship. I thought I had worked through the anger this caused, and had fully forgiven her. The Holy...

Anger & Bitterness · Betrayal · Grief & Loss · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

God stuff

Before this study my life was jaded. My marriage, though stable, seemed to be perched precariously on the edge of a cliff and all I had to do was step the wrong way to have it crumble down around myself. My...

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

changed, healed, renewed, restored

I don't think it is possible to spend time in the Word and NOT be changed, healed, renewed, restored. I really appreciate Michele's partnership in this study, as she gently encouraged and challenged me.

Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

new hope

This study has brought a renewed hope for the future for me.

Depression · Estrangement · Grief & Loss · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healed and free

Healing Hearts Ministry was there for me during a very difficult time. When I thought I was doing the bible study for one reason, that was old hat news. I received some new news that caused very raw, acute...

Anger & Bitterness · Betrayal · Grief & Loss · Trauma · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healed

I have felt God's warmth and love throughout this process. Thank you dear Lord for the Healing Hearts Ministry because You are using this study to bring more of us broken women to be healed at your feet. Thank...

Abortion · Abuse · Betrayal · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

healed heart

I began this study just six months after my baby died. I was in a lot of pain. I didn't realize I had been bitter toward God. Through this study and the emails from my counselor, God healed me completely. I...

Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

changed thinking

Well, I could write a book here. This study was definitely God-lead...isn't everything?! I personally experienced so much clarity while doing this study. I still carried a lot of shame & just plain ignorance...

Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Before I was lost and angry -- NOW I'm excited!!

Before I started this study I was very lost and angry. I had totally turned against God and blamed Him for a lot of the major pains I had gone through. I had lived a life full of abuse of every kind starting...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

nothing can separate us from God's love

Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will...

Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

restored and renewed

Because of God using this study, I'm no where near the person I was when I started. He has completely restored and renewed me and continues to do a work in me. As I grieve over the loss over my daughter, I...

Grief & Loss · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

a deeper journey, deeper healing

This study led me on a deeper journey with the Lord! When I began this study, I had known I had some people in my past that I needed to forgive. Not only was I able to forgive them, our whole relationship...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

changed life

This was, by far, the best thing I have ever done in my life. Because of this study, I have developed a new closeness with God, and I have truly been healed from the wounds of my past. I have emptied my heart...

Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

find freedom

The Lord has been faithful and kind to me as I have persevered to complete this study. I praise Him for all that He has done in my life through this ministry. I pray other women, suffering silently in their...

Grief & Loss · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
The Hem of His Garment

Former Atheist and Psychologist

I became a believer about 17 years ago after a lifetime of living for self. I was an atheist, and a follower of humanistic psychology. I worked professionally in that realm until I realized that I could no...

Anxiety & Fear · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →