Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

32 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Struggles with Forgiveness.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Struggles with Forgiveness × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freedom

Healing Hearts has allowed me freedom of expression on so many levels. I was able to testify of how the Lord delivered me from decades of sin that i was about to give up trying to overcome. I was able to share...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgive

I knew that God had forgiven me for my sin of abortion. But I kept it locked away, and never looked at it. I felt that if I just forgot that it ever happened, then I would never have to face the remorse and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

see choices through God’s eyes

When I was asked to go through Healing Hearts in order to volunteer at our local pro-life clinic, I really didn’t think this was necessary. I had several abortions 30 years before when I wasn’t a believer and...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I just can’t thank enough God for this study. I have so many wonderful things to say about this study and Healing Heart ministries and my e-counselor, Charlene. The words wouldn’t give the amazing spiritual...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healed heart

I just cannot say enough about this study and this ministry. Sue L has done a phenomenal job with Binding Up the Brokenhearted. My e-counselor, Pat, has been so helpful, so loving and so non-judgmental. She is...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I am very grateful to God to be part of this study. I believe that my taking part in this study was God’s plan. I have never really taken part in any bible study program. I am an abuse survivor, at the time I...

Abuse · Anger & Bitterness · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

now understands forgiveness and intimacy

Never will I live or wallow in my sins again. I know through this study has enhanced my understanding on receiving the forgiveness of God for my crimes in taking the life of my own child in my womb, the using...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

tried other counseling

This ministry is the very thing, after trying other counseling groups, that really made the healing difference for me. This is a ministry set up in a very God glorifying way. You aren’t given a bunch of human...

Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

impacted life

This bible study has impacted my life because I became aware that as a result of my abortion and the pain that endured because of my sin, I have continued to live my life in sin thinking that the next sin...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Betrayal · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I am 63 years old and have gone through several steps of healing from my abortion in 1965. This bible study caused me to go back in time and heal old hidden wounds. I have read many Bible studies regarding...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

changed my life

Prior to this study, I blamed others for the decision to have an abortion and harbored unforgiveness in my heart towards those who urged me to make that decision. The guilt from having an abortion always...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

release bitterness

This study has helped me to release the bitterness, unforgiveness and ugliness of my past, to receive Christ's forgiveness and healing and supply me with a boldness for the gospel in order to give compassion...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

It is hard to believe this particular journey is over. It's like a great book--one sees the final pages coming but secretly hopes it will not end. There is a great song by William McDowell called "I Won't Go...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Heavy burden is gone

I'm truly thankful for these studies because God’s presence is with you throughout the program. One of the things I appreciated was that the counselors themselves have gone through the same study and the same...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God's love and grace are sufficient

Twenty-three years ago I made the worst decision of my life, to abort my child. For years, I ran from God because I was ashamed of what I had done. The guilt was overwhelming! I had prayed for some guidance in...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

innocence restored

I'd been a Christian for 11 years when I came across this study. Immediately, I knew God wanted me to go through it. I had been praying for whatever was keeping me from getting closer to God to be removed. I...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking to the Lord

This study has made me completely whole. To look to the Lord for all my needs. To release the pain, anger, hurt, and shame is to repent your sins that you have done to others, then forgive those who have done...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My husband, my baby, and I, are in Jesus

When I started this study, I was very stressed and nervous, because I was trying to get pregnant with my husband but it wasn't easy for over a year. I hadn't shared my past abortions with my husband before our...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

This study changed my whole life

Before this study, I was bitter, selfish and unforgiving. Now I am more fun to be around, am not bitter and forgive more easily than I used to. I do not close myself off physically and emotionally and make the...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward

This study has shined the light of truth into my life with the Word of God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit. It has provided healing where I still held unforgiveness. It has helped me to see my own sin,...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Better mom, daughter, sister, wife

Although a believer, there were issues of non-forgiveness in my life (abortion being one of them) and this study assisted me with not only that, but drawing me into a closer relationship with Christ, my...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Forgiving Myself

Using this study, God has destroyed a simple but VERY POWERFUL lie that had a hold on my life. Even after knowing the Lord for 29 years I was filled with fear, anxiety, anger, bitterness and unforgiveness....

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Brought to the end of myself

I've known for many, many years that God used that abortion to bring me to the end of myself, reducing my carnal mind and lifestyle to ashes and rubble and using this shocking event to bring me to my senses,...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Through daily study and light

God has done an amazing work in my life in the weeks since I began this journey to touch the hem of His garment. I think the key was being desperate enough that my heart was open to whatever Jesus wanted to...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 1 of 2 Older →