Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

310 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Abortion.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Abortion × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Brought to the end of myself

I've known for many, many years that God used that abortion to bring me to the end of myself, reducing my carnal mind and lifestyle to ashes and rubble and using this shocking event to bring me to my senses,...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

New tools to use

The Lord in his mercy led me to Binding Up The Brokenhearted study. I had looked at times in the past for a bible study to help me heal. This is exactly what this study has done for me. It has taught me to go...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Tools and answers right from the Bible

This study had changed my life in the most dramatic ways. I thought I knew a lot, I thought I was not bothered by my past, and yet I knew something was wrong. I just happened to find Healing Hearts. During...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Beginning to end

"Binding Up the Brokenhearted" really helped me to deal with the destructive emotions left behind by my abortion. It reinforced that the ONLY way to be completely cleansed is by immersion in the Word and the...

Abortion · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grown so much

It is difficult for me to put into words all that I feel having completed this study. My life was in constant turmoil before, sometimes even without my realization. I have found such peace and completeness...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

Where to start? One morning, I was searching around online about abortions, to see what was out there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it - or rather am plagued by it. I stumbled across this study....

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I hated myself, I couldn't take it anymore

I found this bible study on a night that I couldn't take it anymore. The hurt from my previous abortions was more than I could take. I hated myself. I know without a doubt God led me to this bible study and to...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new sense of peace, real change

It has truly been a journey!!! I know this study has changed my life, my way of thinking and especially my HEART!!! First and foremost I am able to say that I have truly grasped the forgiveness of my sin from...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

10 years since my abortion

Healing Hearts was such a blessing in my life! It has been 10 years since my abortion and not a day goes by that I don't grieve for the loss of my baby. I thought I had to forgive myself for what I did and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom exchanged for prison

God has truly freed me from the bondage and prison I've been in because of my past. He is so strong, so loving and so powerful and willing to free us and heal us so that we can be His oaks of righteousness,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

They walked in my shoes

This was an incredible bible study. It has deeply impacted my life in so many ways. First of all, I want to add that the scripture applied to this study is the most important part that effected me the most. I...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Through daily study and light

God has done an amazing work in my life in the weeks since I began this journey to touch the hem of His garment. I think the key was being desperate enough that my heart was open to whatever Jesus wanted to...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

So blessed to complete it

This Bible study came just in the nick of time. I was suffering in so many ways. I was in a deep & disturbing depression fueled by uncontrollable anxiety. God was sending me a wake up call. Every time I...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus set me free

I would like to testify that this study has helped me to experience God's love and grace. It has led me through God's healing word which has helped me to break free from the deception, sadness, loss and pain...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I was in total darkness

A couple of months back I was in total darkness about abortion. I was in great pain, my heart was very heavy in me. I mean I was a completely broken person. I used to search on websites for information on...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Not my first post-abortion Bible study

I never thought I would do an Internet Bible study. The idea of it seemed too impersonal, not relational. I am used to women's bible study in a group. Some have been wonderful and lots of honest sharing and...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My walk has just started

This bible study helped me deal with my abortions. I had simply made the decisions to have them and never visited the thought again until they decided to visit me. In this bible study I have found the strength...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A few weeks after my abortion

I came across this study just a few weeks after my abortion. I was so distraught that I knew I needed help and soon, so one morning I just got up and googled, "help for post abortion women". I was supposed to...

Abortion · Marriage · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Opened my eyes

This study has opened my eyes so that I look at things with a different light. I never thought that freedom from the past was possible at all. But I now am confident that all is possible in the hands of the...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward to being pregnant

I loved this study! I feel like I have literally been washed clean with the Words of Scripture. I don't think I even realized how much of my abortion I was still holding onto....it was so easy to think I had...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everything is possible

I am very thankful to God for directing me to Healing Hearts Ministries' Binding Up The Brokenhearted online Bible study. It has healed and changed me. In it I found a friend and counsellor, Michelle, who...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

First abortion, tender age of 15..

My first abortion was at the tender age of 15, begining a cycle that wouldn't end until 10 years passed and 5 more lives were taken. In my shame, I kept the number of abortions, and the details to myself. Even...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 9 of 13 Older →