Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

202 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Relationship with God.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Relationship with God × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Transformation

As of tonight, I have given everything I have to this Bible study and I feel I have taken and received everything that was offered. My soul feels better. I have changed, and I will keep the change. I know that...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Not alone anymore

I never knew pain, remorse, regret, anger, sadness. It became a part of me after I had my abortion. I never thought that it was a big deal to have one. I wasn't financially stable or married. I thought God...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

What an amazing God

When I was first invited to join this Bible study I thought it might be good for me, but didn't really think I needed it. I have learned so much since then and it has impacted my life. What an amazing,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A God thing

Hi Julie, I just heard they passed the Anti-Abortion Law in SD!! I was so happy to hear that...but we have 49 states to go...Well, I was so happy I text message'd some friends and found out that some of them...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Glory to God!

I am so very grateful that I learned of Healing Hearts Ministry. It changed my sorrow to joy and my despair into hope. My life has been richly blessed by this Ministry. Glory to God!

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Whole new place of forgiveness

I was led to this ministry by Ann Marie Cosgrove, the head of Silent No More Minnesota. I have been speaking out about my past abortion with this group since it's beginning several years ago. I honestly didn't...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Plan to help

For a long time I felt so guilty, like I had no right to even have the children I had. I had a hard time enjoying them because of the guilt. I now have dealt with my decision to end my child's life and have...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A mother struggles

Innocent eyes look up into mine adoring and wide and heavy lashed These eyes that love me are so difficult to look into so difficult Trust and Wonder and Love pour out of them so difficult Tiny hands reach up...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Multiple abortions

The counselor I was seeing told me about Healing Hearts. I had tried everything I could think of to try to cure myself of the depression and anxiety. I really didn’t know if my sins were too great to be...

Abortion · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Atonement adoption

For twenty-two years I have tried to carry the pain, sin and shame of my abortions all alone. A few years ago I came to the conclusion that if I adopted another woman’s children, that this would some how...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

For a very short time So long ago You lived inside me heart and soul. I let them tear you away from me, A day I’ll regret for eternity. But I found a peace, Forgiveness and love, It came, one day from The Lord...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Living like

I was at a women’s retreat listening to the speaker share of her work in a Crisis Pregnancy center, when she began to tell the story of a client she was involved with, who had had multiple abortions. At that...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Felt dirty

Clothing is somewhat fairly easy to clean. All you really need is detergent and a washing machine or scrub board. A broken spirit isn’t that easy. I went to this class feeling extremely dirty, I felt like a...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Sincerely loved

When I first came to Healing Hearts I was apprehensive, unsure and separated from my Lord. I had allowed unconfessed sin to create a barrier between myself and God. I was like a bush in wasteland, withering...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

#1 anything

Healing Hearts taught me so much. It was my first Bible Study; really learning scriptures. Most importantly it made me realize how God is the #1 anything in my life. Only God could forgive sins. I now strive...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Thank you husband

As a married woman in my early 20’s I became pregnant not once, but twice. Each time I thought I wasn’t ready to become a mother. There were major problems in my marriage and I thought a child would only make...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

Here today... gone tomorrow So starts a lifetime of sorrow The physical pain was short but the emotional pain is long Why did I choose to abort? Why did no one help me see the beautiful creation living inside...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Felt alone

I really felt so alone and like I was such a failure as a Christian and a human being. I have been helped immensely just by being able to share such deep feelings and frustrations out loud with others. I have...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Self punishment

When I reached the point where I knew only God could forgive and heal, I refused to accept His grace for my mistakes and began to crucify myself mentally and emotionally. My group leader stressed over and over...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Strongholds down

Through the scriptures and the study I came to see that God loves me and has provided everything I need. He wants to heal our wounds and set us free to serve Him. The group discussions helped me see that other...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

My God is singular in holiness. His perfection is absolute. More immense than all of Creation, His galaxies spin on His fingertips, the universe sits in His palm. Yet for all His grandeur, He is mindful of me!...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Bandage wounds

This study has brought me closer to God and helped me remove those thorns and bandage the wounds so they could heal. I am now able to serve God with all my heart instead of just part of it.

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My marriage

HH has helped me to see my sin for what it really is and confront it head on. It has helped me to let go of bitterness that has affected my marriage and my relationship with the Lord. It has also humbled me by...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Marriage · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Forever buried

This study has helped me to understand and realize how the abortion has affected me throughout my relationships. It has shown me that the cross - Jesus- is sufficient to forgive and that I don't have the...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
← Newer Page 8 of 9 Older →