Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

269 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Healing.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Healing × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

They walked in my shoes

This was an incredible bible study. It has deeply impacted my life in so many ways. First of all, I want to add that the scripture applied to this study is the most important part that effected me the most. I...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

So blessed to complete it

This Bible study came just in the nick of time. I was suffering in so many ways. I was in a deep & disturbing depression fueled by uncontrollable anxiety. God was sending me a wake up call. Every time I...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus set me free

I would like to testify that this study has helped me to experience God's love and grace. It has led me through God's healing word which has helped me to break free from the deception, sadness, loss and pain...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I was in total darkness

A couple of months back I was in total darkness about abortion. I was in great pain, my heart was very heavy in me. I mean I was a completely broken person. I used to search on websites for information on...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My walk has just started

This bible study helped me deal with my abortions. I had simply made the decisions to have them and never visited the thought again until they decided to visit me. In this bible study I have found the strength...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A few weeks after my abortion

I came across this study just a few weeks after my abortion. I was so distraught that I knew I needed help and soon, so one morning I just got up and googled, "help for post abortion women". I was supposed to...

Abortion · Marriage · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Opened my eyes

This study has opened my eyes so that I look at things with a different light. I never thought that freedom from the past was possible at all. But I now am confident that all is possible in the hands of the...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward to being pregnant

I loved this study! I feel like I have literally been washed clean with the Words of Scripture. I don't think I even realized how much of my abortion I was still holding onto....it was so easy to think I had...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everything is possible

I am very thankful to God for directing me to Healing Hearts Ministries' Binding Up The Brokenhearted online Bible study. It has healed and changed me. In it I found a friend and counsellor, Michelle, who...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

First abortion, tender age of 15..

My first abortion was at the tender age of 15, begining a cycle that wouldn't end until 10 years passed and 5 more lives were taken. In my shame, I kept the number of abortions, and the details to myself. Even...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Transformed

I can't express how much this study, along with God, has transformed my life. I now understand that God can and will forgive ANYONE who truly wants forgiveness. He is not picky or judgemental. He is a great...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Small changes make big impacts

I had my abortion 29 years ago, and it was the worst mistake of my life. I thought I could not go on living, knowing that I had killed my own child. The Lord spared me from suicide and alcohol and other...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Family & Relationships · Substance Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

An answer to my prayers...

An answer to my prayers... I grew up in a home where my dad committed adultery for years and my mother loved him so much she couldn't see past it. She was so devoted to him that sometimes we, the children,...

Abortion · Abuse · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Physical Abuse · Pornography · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rape, 25 years later

God is so good. I was not raised as a Christian. In fact the names Jesus and God were only associated with curses. I was a child, or product, of this world not understanding that God was, and is real. The era...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Sexual Immorality · Substance Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Receiving Mercy

I thought that I had recovered from the hurt and shame I experienced from my abortion. This study helped me to see which areas I had not let God heal and how I can continue to heal. It is not an easy thing to...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

30 years

For 30 years, I carried the agonizing burden of my abortion. I was like a "dead woman walking". This study brought light into the dark places and has saved me. Thank you so much for this study!

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Sometimes grief is delayed

Twenty three years ago after several days of praying and crying, I chose to have an abortion. Only a handful of people knew I was pregnant. None of which supported my decision to keep my baby. Instead of...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God is working

This study taught me a lot about submission, humility, obedience and follow through along with a huge dose of patience. I know that God has a plan for my life. I see Him working in my life. It was amazing how...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I told myself I wasn't thinking about it

I had an abortion when I was 20 years old. I already had one child and was going through a difficult time and I felt like I couldn't deal with another child. I didn't acknowledge my abortion for the next five...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

From nightmare to beautiful journey

Before doing this study, I was having nightmares about murdering someone. It would be the same scenario: I would have a recognition that I killed someone in my past and that I would have to pay for it. Often,...

Abortion · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I have found forgiveness

I had an abortion when I was 31 years old. I already had 2 children and was separated from my husband. I had grown up in the church; accepted Jesus at an early age. However, I was living in a situation that...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

mercy was very apparent in this study

Twenty two years ago I walked through the doors of a hospital and had an abortion. For the past twenty one years it was a secret that my husband or I talked about or discussed with anyone. One year ago,...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone.

In my twenties, I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone. I chose these abortions out of selfishness and fear. After the first one, I found that self-loathing and an unwillingness to speak to God...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

What can I get out of an on-line study?

I believe there are many women out there who are hurting. Who don't realize the impact the abortion had upon their lives, who have no joy. This study is a life changing experience. It has restored my...

Abortion · Marriage · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 8 of 12 Older →