Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

269 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Healing.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Healing × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

This study changed my whole life

Before this study, I was bitter, selfish and unforgiving. Now I am more fun to be around, am not bitter and forgive more easily than I used to. I do not close myself off physically and emotionally and make the...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Another step in the right direction

A former Bible Study had helped set me free from the shame that was hidden deep inside due to my abortion. My life was changed. However I still had a fear of sharing the truth of my abortion with my daughters...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Back to life

Binding up the Broken Hearted brought me back to life. I am so grateful for this study and the lessons learned throughout it. Without this study I have no doubts that I would still be carrying around the pain...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Growth and change

My pain has been lifted and my spirit restored to its former self after completing this study. My counselor was truly encouraging and patient with me as I reached each stage of growth and change throughout...

Abortion · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

No longer looking back

I don't think I see or understand the full impact right now. I believe any time I undertake a bible study and read God's word there is an everlasting change in my spirit, mind and soul. The peace God has given...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Nothing heals like the word of God

This study has brought healing that I never thought was possible. Nothing pierces like the Word of God, nothing HEALS like the Word of God. I always thought I would carry at least a part of the guilt and shame...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward

This study has shined the light of truth into my life with the Word of God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit. It has provided healing where I still held unforgiveness. It has helped me to see my own sin,...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Blocked things out

This study has helped free me up, so that I may be his servant, all of me. I have blocked many things from my past out, so that I wouldn't hurt. I had to hurt before I could be healed totally. The Lord has...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Intimacy issues

Before I started this study, I thought I was already healed from the pain of my abortion. What I didn't realize was although I had a head knowledge of my forgiveness, I hadn't received it into my heart and...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The Lord's purposes are also for our good

When the Lord led me to this study, I thought it was only for the purpose of helping others find freedom from the guilt and shame that abortion brings. I knew that I had been forgiven through the blood of...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Abortion at 15

I had an abortion at 15, at 23 I had a baby boy. Without realizing why and with no certain things to cause it, I could look at my son when I would get sad about something and feel the pain of my abortion all...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Saw a feature story on Healing Hearts

Healing Hearts has been such a blessing to me. I knew that the time had come to really deal with my abortion, which took place 25 years ago. I started to look at post-abortion retreats and just wasn't able to...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Brought to the end of myself

I've known for many, many years that God used that abortion to bring me to the end of myself, reducing my carnal mind and lifestyle to ashes and rubble and using this shocking event to bring me to my senses,...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

New tools to use

The Lord in his mercy led me to Binding Up The Brokenhearted study. I had looked at times in the past for a bible study to help me heal. This is exactly what this study has done for me. It has taught me to go...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Tools and answers right from the Bible

This study had changed my life in the most dramatic ways. I thought I knew a lot, I thought I was not bothered by my past, and yet I knew something was wrong. I just happened to find Healing Hearts. During...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Beginning to end

"Binding Up the Brokenhearted" really helped me to deal with the destructive emotions left behind by my abortion. It reinforced that the ONLY way to be completely cleansed is by immersion in the Word and the...

Abortion · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grown so much

It is difficult for me to put into words all that I feel having completed this study. My life was in constant turmoil before, sometimes even without my realization. I have found such peace and completeness...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

Where to start? One morning, I was searching around online about abortions, to see what was out there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it - or rather am plagued by it. I stumbled across this study....

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I hated myself, I couldn't take it anymore

I found this bible study on a night that I couldn't take it anymore. The hurt from my previous abortions was more than I could take. I hated myself. I know without a doubt God led me to this bible study and to...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new sense of peace, real change

It has truly been a journey!!! I know this study has changed my life, my way of thinking and especially my HEART!!! First and foremost I am able to say that I have truly grasped the forgiveness of my sin from...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

10 years since my abortion

Healing Hearts was such a blessing in my life! It has been 10 years since my abortion and not a day goes by that I don't grieve for the loss of my baby. I thought I had to forgive myself for what I did and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom exchanged for prison

God has truly freed me from the bondage and prison I've been in because of my past. He is so strong, so loving and so powerful and willing to free us and heal us so that we can be His oaks of righteousness,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
← Newer Page 7 of 12 Older →