Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

159 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Into the light

This study has helped me to become aware of the pain I had buried and denied for so many years, and the destructive consequences that abortion had in my life over a long period of time. It brought it to light...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A mother struggles

Innocent eyes look up into mine adoring and wide and heavy lashed These eyes that love me are so difficult to look into so difficult Trust and Wonder and Love pour out of them so difficult Tiny hands reach up...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Multiple abortions

The counselor I was seeing told me about Healing Hearts. I had tried everything I could think of to try to cure myself of the depression and anxiety. I really didn’t know if my sins were too great to be...

Abortion · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Atonement adoption

For twenty-two years I have tried to carry the pain, sin and shame of my abortions all alone. A few years ago I came to the conclusion that if I adopted another woman’s children, that this would some how...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Living like

I was at a women’s retreat listening to the speaker share of her work in a Crisis Pregnancy center, when she began to tell the story of a client she was involved with, who had had multiple abortions. At that...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Felt dirty

Clothing is somewhat fairly easy to clean. All you really need is detergent and a washing machine or scrub board. A broken spirit isn’t that easy. I went to this class feeling extremely dirty, I felt like a...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Sincerely loved

When I first came to Healing Hearts I was apprehensive, unsure and separated from my Lord. I had allowed unconfessed sin to create a barrier between myself and God. I was like a bush in wasteland, withering...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Thank you husband

As a married woman in my early 20’s I became pregnant not once, but twice. Each time I thought I wasn’t ready to become a mother. There were major problems in my marriage and I thought a child would only make...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

Here today... gone tomorrow So starts a lifetime of sorrow The physical pain was short but the emotional pain is long Why did I choose to abort? Why did no one help me see the beautiful creation living inside...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Felt alone

I really felt so alone and like I was such a failure as a Christian and a human being. I have been helped immensely just by being able to share such deep feelings and frustrations out loud with others. I have...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Self punishment

When I reached the point where I knew only God could forgive and heal, I refused to accept His grace for my mistakes and began to crucify myself mentally and emotionally. My group leader stressed over and over...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

My God is singular in holiness. His perfection is absolute. More immense than all of Creation, His galaxies spin on His fingertips, the universe sits in His palm. Yet for all His grandeur, He is mindful of me!...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grandmother

I am a 62 year old grandmother of 8 who believed that God did not love me, a killer, a sinner of the worst kind. I was wrong. When I came to Healing Hearts I felt beyond help, helpless, unloveable and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Hid behind my smile

Each week as I worked through my Bible study lesson, scripture tore straight through to the truth and more was revealed to me about how I had separated myself from Christ with my sinful choices. Each week...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new creature

Healing Hearts has helped to unlock the prison door with which I've kept myself captive. For 15 years I have been in my own personal hell not being able to set myself free from the murders. Now with the...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 7 of 7 Older →