Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

159 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everything is possible

I am very thankful to God for directing me to Healing Hearts Ministries' Binding Up The Brokenhearted online Bible study. It has healed and changed me. In it I found a friend and counsellor, Michelle, who...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

First abortion, tender age of 15..

My first abortion was at the tender age of 15, begining a cycle that wouldn't end until 10 years passed and 5 more lives were taken. In my shame, I kept the number of abortions, and the details to myself. Even...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

An answer to my prayers...

An answer to my prayers... I grew up in a home where my dad committed adultery for years and my mother loved him so much she couldn't see past it. She was so devoted to him that sometimes we, the children,...

Abortion · Abuse · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Physical Abuse · Pornography · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rape, 25 years later

God is so good. I was not raised as a Christian. In fact the names Jesus and God were only associated with curses. I was a child, or product, of this world not understanding that God was, and is real. The era...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Sexual Immorality · Substance Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Receiving Mercy

I thought that I had recovered from the hurt and shame I experienced from my abortion. This study helped me to see which areas I had not let God heal and how I can continue to heal. It is not an easy thing to...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

30 years

For 30 years, I carried the agonizing burden of my abortion. I was like a "dead woman walking". This study brought light into the dark places and has saved me. Thank you so much for this study!

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Sometimes grief is delayed

Twenty three years ago after several days of praying and crying, I chose to have an abortion. Only a handful of people knew I was pregnant. None of which supported my decision to keep my baby. Instead of...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I told myself I wasn't thinking about it

I had an abortion when I was 20 years old. I already had one child and was going through a difficult time and I felt like I couldn't deal with another child. I didn't acknowledge my abortion for the next five...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I have found forgiveness

I had an abortion when I was 31 years old. I already had 2 children and was separated from my husband. I had grown up in the church; accepted Jesus at an early age. However, I was living in a situation that...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone.

In my twenties, I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone. I chose these abortions out of selfishness and fear. After the first one, I found that self-loathing and an unwillingness to speak to God...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The Gift of God

My life has completely changed since going through this study. I was carrying the guilt, shame, sadness and bitterness around for 14 years and could hardly stand it anymore. A dark cloud followed me everywhere...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I thought I was past it

This Bible study changed my life! I thought I knew God loved me; I thought I'd already healed sufficiently from my past horrific choice of abortion. However, I never fully realized until I did this study how...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rock Bottom

I started this study at rock bottom. I have never felt so depressed or mournful for something I had done. Throughout the study I was led by God and my counselor. They lifted me out of my depression and made me...

Abortion · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everyone can experience freedom

Healing, and freedom. I experienced both as a result of this amazing study. The comfortable, conversational tone of the commentaries, and the obviously Spirit-led choice of scriptures are woven together with...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom

I have found a new freedom from all the shame and pain of the past. My daily weaknesses are Jesus' stengths. He broke down all the walls in my life and gave me freedom.

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

By God's power

Before I came to Christ, I knew I made tremendous mistakes in the past. Two of those mistakes were previous abortions. Four years ago, our first child passed away, and for all this time, I truly believed her...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Burden of 20 years is gone

The guilt and shame that I had carried around for over 20 years is now gone. This study had made me realize that God has totaly forgiven me and that the sacrifice of Christ was enough to cover this sin.

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Seeing the light

This study has pulled me through such a difficult time. I never thought that I would be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was hurting and depressed and upset with myself and I never thought...

Abortion · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Holding on to God, Letting go of guilt

Although it still hurts every once in a while to see children the age that Josh Jr. would be, I have always known he is with God. Through this study I have been able to mend my relationship with God and am...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Guilt and shame removed

I know that I was led to this study by God. I was searching online for a Christian Bible study pertaining to abortion and it's aftermath, and healing from it, and forgiveness, and when I stumbled on this study...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Not alone anymore

I never knew pain, remorse, regret, anger, sadness. It became a part of me after I had my abortion. I never thought that it was a big deal to have one. I wasn't financially stable or married. I thought God...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Free in Christ

This study has helped me to look at forgiveness in a different way, allowing me the freedom to move on with my life without the shame, the fear, the isolation and the depression that abortion brings. I...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

What an amazing God

When I was first invited to join this Bible study I thought it might be good for me, but didn't really think I needed it. I have learned so much since then and it has impacted my life. What an amazing,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Plan to help

For a long time I felt so guilty, like I had no right to even have the children I had. I had a hard time enjoying them because of the guilt. I now have dealt with my decision to end my child's life and have...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
← Newer Page 6 of 7 Older →