Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

192 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Freedom.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Freedom × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Tools and answers right from the Bible

This study had changed my life in the most dramatic ways. I thought I knew a lot, I thought I was not bothered by my past, and yet I knew something was wrong. I just happened to find Healing Hearts. During...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grown so much

It is difficult for me to put into words all that I feel having completed this study. My life was in constant turmoil before, sometimes even without my realization. I have found such peace and completeness...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom exchanged for prison

God has truly freed me from the bondage and prison I've been in because of my past. He is so strong, so loving and so powerful and willing to free us and heal us so that we can be His oaks of righteousness,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

They walked in my shoes

This was an incredible bible study. It has deeply impacted my life in so many ways. First of all, I want to add that the scripture applied to this study is the most important part that effected me the most. I...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Through daily study and light

God has done an amazing work in my life in the weeks since I began this journey to touch the hem of His garment. I think the key was being desperate enough that my heart was open to whatever Jesus wanted to...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

So blessed to complete it

This Bible study came just in the nick of time. I was suffering in so many ways. I was in a deep & disturbing depression fueled by uncontrollable anxiety. God was sending me a wake up call. Every time I...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus set me free

I would like to testify that this study has helped me to experience God's love and grace. It has led me through God's healing word which has helped me to break free from the deception, sadness, loss and pain...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Not my first post-abortion Bible study

I never thought I would do an Internet Bible study. The idea of it seemed too impersonal, not relational. I am used to women's bible study in a group. Some have been wonderful and lots of honest sharing and...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My walk has just started

This bible study helped me deal with my abortions. I had simply made the decisions to have them and never visited the thought again until they decided to visit me. In this bible study I have found the strength...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Opened my eyes

This study has opened my eyes so that I look at things with a different light. I never thought that freedom from the past was possible at all. But I now am confident that all is possible in the hands of the...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward to being pregnant

I loved this study! I feel like I have literally been washed clean with the Words of Scripture. I don't think I even realized how much of my abortion I was still holding onto....it was so easy to think I had...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everything is possible

I am very thankful to God for directing me to Healing Hearts Ministries' Binding Up The Brokenhearted online Bible study. It has healed and changed me. In it I found a friend and counsellor, Michelle, who...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

First abortion, tender age of 15..

My first abortion was at the tender age of 15, begining a cycle that wouldn't end until 10 years passed and 5 more lives were taken. In my shame, I kept the number of abortions, and the details to myself. Even...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Small changes make big impacts

I had my abortion 29 years ago, and it was the worst mistake of my life. I thought I could not go on living, knowing that I had killed my own child. The Lord spared me from suicide and alcohol and other...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Family & Relationships · Substance Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

An answer to my prayers...

An answer to my prayers... I grew up in a home where my dad committed adultery for years and my mother loved him so much she couldn't see past it. She was so devoted to him that sometimes we, the children,...

Abortion · Abuse · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Physical Abuse · Pornography · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rape, 25 years later

God is so good. I was not raised as a Christian. In fact the names Jesus and God were only associated with curses. I was a child, or product, of this world not understanding that God was, and is real. The era...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Sexual Immorality · Substance Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God is working

This study taught me a lot about submission, humility, obedience and follow through along with a huge dose of patience. I know that God has a plan for my life. I see Him working in my life. It was amazing how...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I told myself I wasn't thinking about it

I had an abortion when I was 20 years old. I already had one child and was going through a difficult time and I felt like I couldn't deal with another child. I didn't acknowledge my abortion for the next five...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

From nightmare to beautiful journey

Before doing this study, I was having nightmares about murdering someone. It would be the same scenario: I would have a recognition that I killed someone in my past and that I would have to pay for it. Often,...

Abortion · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone.

In my twenties, I had four abortions. I was neither poor, nor alone. I chose these abortions out of selfishness and fear. After the first one, I found that self-loathing and an unwillingness to speak to God...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The Gift of God

My life has completely changed since going through this study. I was carrying the guilt, shame, sadness and bitterness around for 14 years and could hardly stand it anymore. A dark cloud followed me everywhere...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The weight is gone

I am amazed, thrilled and so grateful for this study and the way that the Lord has used it to reveal Himself to me. I never thought I would be able to feel "soothed" about my abortions, but I now feel His...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
← Newer Page 6 of 8 Older →