Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

218 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Forgiveness.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Forgiveness × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God's love and grace are sufficient

Twenty-three years ago I made the worst decision of my life, to abort my child. For years, I ran from God because I was ashamed of what I had done. The guilt was overwhelming! I had prayed for some guidance in...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

restoration and rebuilding

God is good and He wants you to be free from the prison of your guilt and restore your heart and give you life in abundance in Him. I have found Him and He has started this awesome work of restoration and...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking to the Lord

This study has made me completely whole. To look to the Lord for all my needs. To release the pain, anger, hurt, and shame is to repent your sins that you have done to others, then forgive those who have done...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My husband, my baby, and I, are in Jesus

When I started this study, I was very stressed and nervous, because I was trying to get pregnant with my husband but it wasn't easy for over a year. I hadn't shared my past abortions with my husband before our...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame

Healing Hearts and Mollie helped me find my way back to God. After my abortion I felt such an emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame. I experienced a blackness in my life which I have never felt and I knew I...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

No more shame and sorrow for me

This study has truly been a tool God used to finally open up the wound and let the ugly shame & guilt, suppressed sorrow and lies to be subjected to His sweet light of mercy and grace... as God has shined his...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I Feel forgiven

I finally feel forgiven. Going through this study showed me with Bible teaching that God forgives all who accept Jesus. I finally get that. Thank you for showing me the light of Christ.

Abortion · Forgiveness · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Another step in the right direction

A former Bible Study had helped set me free from the shame that was hidden deep inside due to my abortion. My life was changed. However I still had a fear of sharing the truth of my abortion with my daughters...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

No longer looking back

I don't think I see or understand the full impact right now. I believe any time I undertake a bible study and read God's word there is an everlasting change in my spirit, mind and soul. The peace God has given...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Nothing heals like the word of God

This study has brought healing that I never thought was possible. Nothing pierces like the Word of God, nothing HEALS like the Word of God. I always thought I would carry at least a part of the guilt and shame...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Better mom, daughter, sister, wife

Although a believer, there were issues of non-forgiveness in my life (abortion being one of them) and this study assisted me with not only that, but drawing me into a closer relationship with Christ, my...

Abortion · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Blocked things out

This study has helped free me up, so that I may be his servant, all of me. I have blocked many things from my past out, so that I wouldn't hurt. I had to hurt before I could be healed totally. The Lord has...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Intimacy issues

Before I started this study, I thought I was already healed from the pain of my abortion. What I didn't realize was although I had a head knowledge of my forgiveness, I hadn't received it into my heart and...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Forgiven

I am a Born Again Christian who accepted Jesus as my personal savior 02-18-09. When I was baptized on 05-09-09, I died to the old ways and became a new person in Christ. Yet I could still not forgive myself...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Forgiving Myself

Using this study, God has destroyed a simple but VERY POWERFUL lie that had a hold on my life. Even after knowing the Lord for 29 years I was filled with fear, anxiety, anger, bitterness and unforgiveness....

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Abortion at 15

I had an abortion at 15, at 23 I had a baby boy. Without realizing why and with no certain things to cause it, I could look at my son when I would get sad about something and feel the pain of my abortion all...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

New tools to use

The Lord in his mercy led me to Binding Up The Brokenhearted study. I had looked at times in the past for a bible study to help me heal. This is exactly what this study has done for me. It has taught me to go...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Tools and answers right from the Bible

This study had changed my life in the most dramatic ways. I thought I knew a lot, I thought I was not bothered by my past, and yet I knew something was wrong. I just happened to find Healing Hearts. During...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grown so much

It is difficult for me to put into words all that I feel having completed this study. My life was in constant turmoil before, sometimes even without my realization. I have found such peace and completeness...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

Where to start? One morning, I was searching around online about abortions, to see what was out there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it - or rather am plagued by it. I stumbled across this study....

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I hated myself, I couldn't take it anymore

I found this bible study on a night that I couldn't take it anymore. The hurt from my previous abortions was more than I could take. I hated myself. I know without a doubt God led me to this bible study and to...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new sense of peace, real change

It has truly been a journey!!! I know this study has changed my life, my way of thinking and especially my HEART!!! First and foremost I am able to say that I have truly grasped the forgiveness of my sin from...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 6 of 10 Older →