Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

159 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgiven and burdon free

In the beginning of this study, I was at a time of my life where I was ready to receive God's grace and begin to heal. I was reaching out for help and was lost and still involved in sin. I didn't know if I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Choose life

Not thinking or not experiencing feelings after your choice of abortion(s) does not mean that it is dealt with. I thought this was in the past and it is done. It is in the way that I am forgiven because I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God's love and grace are sufficient

Twenty-three years ago I made the worst decision of my life, to abort my child. For years, I ran from God because I was ashamed of what I had done. The guilt was overwhelming! I had prayed for some guidance in...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking to the Lord

This study has made me completely whole. To look to the Lord for all my needs. To release the pain, anger, hurt, and shame is to repent your sins that you have done to others, then forgive those who have done...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My husband, my baby, and I, are in Jesus

When I started this study, I was very stressed and nervous, because I was trying to get pregnant with my husband but it wasn't easy for over a year. I hadn't shared my past abortions with my husband before our...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame

Healing Hearts and Mollie helped me find my way back to God. After my abortion I felt such an emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame. I experienced a blackness in my life which I have never felt and I knew I...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

No more shame and sorrow for me

This study has truly been a tool God used to finally open up the wound and let the ugly shame & guilt, suppressed sorrow and lies to be subjected to His sweet light of mercy and grace... as God has shined his...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Another step in the right direction

A former Bible Study had helped set me free from the shame that was hidden deep inside due to my abortion. My life was changed. However I still had a fear of sharing the truth of my abortion with my daughters...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Back to life

Binding up the Broken Hearted brought me back to life. I am so grateful for this study and the lessons learned throughout it. Without this study I have no doubts that I would still be carrying around the pain...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Nothing heals like the word of God

This study has brought healing that I never thought was possible. Nothing pierces like the Word of God, nothing HEALS like the Word of God. I always thought I would carry at least a part of the guilt and shame...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The Lord's purposes are also for our good

When the Lord led me to this study, I thought it was only for the purpose of helping others find freedom from the guilt and shame that abortion brings. I knew that I had been forgiven through the blood of...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Forgiven

I am a Born Again Christian who accepted Jesus as my personal savior 02-18-09. When I was baptized on 05-09-09, I died to the old ways and became a new person in Christ. Yet I could still not forgive myself...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Abortion at 15

I had an abortion at 15, at 23 I had a baby boy. Without realizing why and with no certain things to cause it, I could look at my son when I would get sad about something and feel the pain of my abortion all...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Grown so much

It is difficult for me to put into words all that I feel having completed this study. My life was in constant turmoil before, sometimes even without my realization. I have found such peace and completeness...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

Where to start? One morning, I was searching around online about abortions, to see what was out there. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it - or rather am plagued by it. I stumbled across this study....

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I hated myself, I couldn't take it anymore

I found this bible study on a night that I couldn't take it anymore. The hurt from my previous abortions was more than I could take. I hated myself. I know without a doubt God led me to this bible study and to...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new sense of peace, real change

It has truly been a journey!!! I know this study has changed my life, my way of thinking and especially my HEART!!! First and foremost I am able to say that I have truly grasped the forgiveness of my sin from...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

10 years since my abortion

Healing Hearts was such a blessing in my life! It has been 10 years since my abortion and not a day goes by that I don't grieve for the loss of my baby. I thought I had to forgive myself for what I did and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom exchanged for prison

God has truly freed me from the bondage and prison I've been in because of my past. He is so strong, so loving and so powerful and willing to free us and heal us so that we can be His oaks of righteousness,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus set me free

I would like to testify that this study has helped me to experience God's love and grace. It has led me through God's healing word which has helped me to break free from the deception, sadness, loss and pain...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I was in total darkness

A couple of months back I was in total darkness about abortion. I was in great pain, my heart was very heavy in me. I mean I was a completely broken person. I used to search on websites for information on...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Looking forward to being pregnant

I loved this study! I feel like I have literally been washed clean with the Words of Scripture. I don't think I even realized how much of my abortion I was still holding onto....it was so easy to think I had...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 5 of 7 Older →