Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

110 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Identity in Christ.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Identity in Christ × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

People kept telling me I hadn't forgiven myself

The study has been a great help to me. People kept saying to me that I hadn't forgiven myself for my abortion. I was confused about this. The study helped me to realize that all I needed to do was to receive...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

12 Years vs. a few weeks

After 12 years of denial, guilt and shame, the Lord told me it was time to get honest with myself, and He put Healing Hearts in my path. It's taken me longer than 10 weeks, but I've made it to the end, and...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Satan loses

I will never be the same! I now know that being righteous before God does not mean that we are sinless, but that we served God faithfully. In God's eyes - He doesn't count faithfulness as being successful in...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Freedom

I have found a new freedom from all the shame and pain of the past. My daily weaknesses are Jesus' stengths. He broke down all the walls in my life and gave me freedom.

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

By God's power

Before I came to Christ, I knew I made tremendous mistakes in the past. Two of those mistakes were previous abortions. Four years ago, our first child passed away, and for all this time, I truly believed her...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

From deep depression to freedom

I have a commitment to heal and this study has been a big step in that direction. I remember my life without hope, trying to survive from a deep depression. While I read each chapter of this study, my...

Abortion · Depression · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Transformation in Christ

I was once a broken vessel. No good to anyone, but Jesus came along and reformed me in this study. I now know the true meaning of dying to the old self and becoming a new creature in Christ. My bondages are...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Burden of 20 years is gone

The guilt and shame that I had carried around for over 20 years is now gone. This study had made me realize that God has totaly forgiven me and that the sacrifice of Christ was enough to cover this sin.

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Peace with God

I am changed from the inside out because of this study. I now see how I incorrectly saw God at work in my life and blamed Him for my choices. My prayer life is alive again. I want to meet with Him daily and...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Tried to bury my feelings

This study has helped me to work through the pain of my abortion which I had over 18 years ago. I tried to bury my feelings and pretend as if they would go away yet when they surfaced I knew how they were...

Abortion · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Let Jesus lead

When I began this study, I was dealing with much more than having gone through with an abortion. I had what seemed like a million issues that had to be dealt with and I didn't know how to turn to the Lord,...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I thought I had dealt with it

It has been 25 years since my abortion. I started this study to prepare myself for ministry to post abortive women, not because I thought I still needed healing. I had dealt with it, healed from it and moved...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

God forgives me

Healing Hearts has helped me to accept my past regardless of what I've done. I can't change my past but I have to accept it and learn from it if I am to make better decisions for my future. The most important...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

All Glory to God

I thought I had "stumbled" onto this study but I now I know that God was definitely leading me to it. I did a post-abortion study before but what great healing came from this study! It was so deep and it...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Life has Purpose, Peace, Joy, Hope

What a life changing, wonderful ministry Healing Hearts is! How great is God! to lead me to the right place at the right time! Through this study I was able to look into the depths of the damage of my sins,...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Free in Christ

This study has helped me to look at forgiveness in a different way, allowing me the freedom to move on with my life without the shame, the fear, the isolation and the depression that abortion brings. I...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

What an amazing God

When I was first invited to join this Bible study I thought it might be good for me, but didn't really think I needed it. I have learned so much since then and it has impacted my life. What an amazing,...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A God thing

Hi Julie, I just heard they passed the Anti-Abortion Law in SD!! I was so happy to hear that...but we have 49 states to go...Well, I was so happy I text message'd some friends and found out that some of them...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Whole new place of forgiveness

I was led to this ministry by Ann Marie Cosgrove, the head of Silent No More Minnesota. I have been speaking out about my past abortion with this group since it's beginning several years ago. I honestly didn't...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A mother struggles

Innocent eyes look up into mine adoring and wide and heavy lashed These eyes that love me are so difficult to look into so difficult Trust and Wonder and Love pour out of them so difficult Tiny hands reach up...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Multiple abortions

The counselor I was seeing told me about Healing Hearts. I had tried everything I could think of to try to cure myself of the depression and anxiety. I really didn’t know if my sins were too great to be...

Abortion · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

For a very short time So long ago You lived inside me heart and soul. I let them tear you away from me, A day I’ll regret for eternity. But I found a peace, Forgiveness and love, It came, one day from The Lord...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Living like

I was at a women’s retreat listening to the speaker share of her work in a Crisis Pregnancy center, when she began to tell the story of a client she was involved with, who had had multiple abortions. At that...

Abortion · Anxiety & Fear · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Felt dirty

Clothing is somewhat fairly easy to clean. All you really need is detergent and a washing machine or scrub board. A broken spirit isn’t that easy. I went to this class feeling extremely dirty, I felt like a...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 4 of 5 Older →