Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

159 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

never be the same

I thank God for Healing Hearts. I will never ever be the same and I know that God has forgiven me and given me a new life in Him. My past is over and I can walk into my future with my Father.

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freedom and strength

This study has been very thorough, just what I needed. Even though I have gone through much healing the past 35 years, it still had not been completed until I went through this study. Freedom and strength are...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

set free

I'm thankful to the Lord for leading me to this study. The Lord got me to feel and shed all the brokenness and receive healing and forgiveness. The Lord has taken away my shame and healed my broken heart. He...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgiven as far as the east is from the west

This bible study has shown me the incredibly difficult realization of how I killed 2 innocent children. It is so painful to write that out. I am horrified of my actions and it will always haunt me. I do know...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

changed my life

Prior to this study, I blamed others for the decision to have an abortion and harbored unforgiveness in my heart towards those who urged me to make that decision. The guilt from having an abortion always...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

life changing

This study is a life-changing combination of God's love, truth, grace and mercy that washes away the sin and shame women carry as a result of abortion. I thank the Lord for all the women who have contributed...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I've got my healing!!

Completing this study showed me that there is more than just being forgiven for my sin. God also provides healing and comfort which I had previously denied receiving. It has taken me to a new level of intimacy...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

carried hurt and guilt for 23 years

This study has helped me recover from guilt and anger. I have learned that there is forgiveness in the Lord. I had an abortion that I wasn't proud of and carried the hurt and guilt for 23 years. This study...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

new found freedom

I want to encourage other women who are suffering from pain, guilt and shame after their abortion to do this study. I have finally found freedom from my abortion through Christ who provided this study and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

from guilt to redemption and life

I lived in a deep, dark, and lonely place of guilt. But through this study, I learned that because of Jesus' blood and what He did for me on the cross, I don't need to feel guilty. His death and resurrection...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgiveness

This has been a long and sometimes difficult journey. I learned a few things but the most powerful thing I learned was that I did not need to forgive myself. Self-forgiveness is not biblical. I am so grateful...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

completely forgiven and free

This is an amazing study that the whole world needs to know about. I know so many women who feel guilty and bound because of their abortion(s). This study not only sheds light on the realities of abortion but...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

now a free woman, nothing is the same

20 years ago I found God in the love and acceptance of a high school youth group. 18 years ago my father committed suicide while I was a freshman at college. 17 years ago I decided that my Heavenly Father's...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

free from guilt and hatred

Without this study I would still be stuck in guilt, hatred and so many other negative emotions. I get to move forward from my abortions, finally, after 16 years of depression, self harm, self hatred and many...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Self-Harm · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

received healing and now set free

My life has changed since I was willing to invest the time and energy to go through this study and read what the Lord Jesus had to say to me personally through the Bible. I did not realize how much healing I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

from oppressed and afflicted to forgiveness

When I began this study I had lost all hope, I was oppressed and afflicted and couldn't turn to anyone but God. He has heard me and changed me and now I see His love for me. Abortion is forgivable! His Blood...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

No more shame..

This study has changed my life. I no longer feel like I must hang my head in shame. I know that I am forgiven and loved. Jesus paid my debt, and I am free. I am now learning to be the best possible version of...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

life has value

This bible study taught me the value of life and how it is a blessing from God. It brought truth to the fact that a lot of women struggle from similar symptoms of abortion that I had. It gave me insight on not...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

true healing

This study has been such a blessing and life saver to me. Having gone through 22 years of shame and holding the secret of my 2 abortions, I had a lot to work through and I personally feel that there is only 1...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

free from guilt and shame

The has not only used this study to set me free from the guilt and shame of abortion, but from the guilt and shame of my life before Christ in general! It feels good to walk without the shackels.

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

no more broken heart

I used to try and pick up the shards of my broken heart. Each time cutting myself deeper. Then the Lord led me to this study. He walked with me through the pain and remembrance. He picked up those pieces and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

finding my way back

I had not realized the impact of unconfessed sin and ungrieved loss in my life...a result of 2 abortions when I was in my 30's. Many years have gone by, and I was astonished in the course of the study to see...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

no quick fix, but worth it

Healing hearts has guided me to taking the first steps to save my life. No medicine could fix how I was feeling, and nothing could take the pain of my abortion away. I had made the worst decision of my life. I...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

full of God's Word

I didn't know what to do when God started bringing up the abortion again after so long. I was in a panic because I felt like if I started dealing with this I would start crying and never stop--that I would...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 4 of 7 Older →