Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

159 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Guilt & Shame.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Guilt & Shame × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

impactful study

I cannot put into words the impact this study has had on me. God used it to finally set me free from the prison of shame I had been living in for 36 years. I didn’t realize how deep the wounds were because I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

don’t suffer in silence

This study has again fired up my passion to help other women who have experienced abortion so that they do not have to suffer in silence for years like I did. Also, so that they might know that His grace and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgiveness poured

Brought up in a pentecostal church, I always thought that there were some things in our life that we need to keep buried and not speak of the past (even if God changed you). I know I carried guilt, shame and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

sin before abortion

This study opened my eyes and my heart to the roots of sin that were there before my abortion and the unrepented sins after. Confessing these and praying about them was so healing. I am so grateful for my...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healed of PTSD

This study has helped me so much in gaining more healing. I went through the Hem of His Garment study as well. It was in these studies where I was healed of PTSD and many chains regarding my past have been...

Guilt & Shame · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

now understands forgiveness and intimacy

Never will I live or wallow in my sins again. I know through this study has enhanced my understanding on receiving the forgiveness of God for my crimes in taking the life of my own child in my womb, the using...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freed from condemnation

Only God knows the depths of the impact that this study will have on my life. I had confessed my sins of abortion early on in my relationship with Jesus, but never felt free from the condemnation that would...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

restored

I went into this study hoping to turn to God to release my anguish from abortion, and received so much more. I did not realize how disconnected I was from living the way God wants me to live. Not only did I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

grace, forgiveness

I am so thankful and grateful for the wonderful Bible study and for the generous help from Sharron. I have learned so much about God’s grace and forgiveness and sanctification. The Bible study has taught me to...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

hope restored, transformed

Binding Up The Brokenhearted has had a tremendous impact on my life. When I started this study, less than two months after my abortion, I was in a very deep, dark pit of regret, pain and sorrow. I did not feel...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

suffering in silence

This study was one of the best gifts that the Lord has given me. Before I was suffering in my silence. Although I loved God, I felt like a prisoner. I was depressed. Full of guilt and shame and felt alone. I...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

This study has really freed me and has given me tools to continue to look at myself and my relationship with Christ. I had started to grow cold in some ways. I kept reliving the past hurts, most having nothing...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

incredible journey

This has been an incredible journey! God has used the Healing Hearts Bible Study to free me from the shame of my past. I know this journey has just begun. But it has allowed me to see how much God loves me and...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I believed when I got my abortion that it wasn’t a baby yet and it was ok, because it was ok according to the laws. Bringing my baby in to the world would only cause so many more problems not just for me, but...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Seeing Truth Through God’s Eyes

For 33 years I’ve carried the shame of my abortion around with me. God has brought me to a place in my life where I have the opportunity to help others that have experienced the same awful crisis in their...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

released

This study has broadened my outlook on life, opening doors that were never opened before and releasing me from past hurts. It gave me such freedom to release all the guilt, shame and fear I carried for so...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

life changing

This study has been life changing for me. I have been a Christian for over 35 years, but still carried the shame and guilt from the abortion that I had 45 years ago. Walking though this study with my counselor...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freed by the love of God

I have been freed by the love of God through the life and death of Jesus to face the remains of over two decades of a sin I could not forget nor forgive. My guide walked with me step by step all the way...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I used to feel empty, as I was missing something in my life. I felt lonely, afraid, depressed and did not understand what was wrong with me. I was invited to a Spirit led church. As the Pastor started...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

no longer chained

Last weekend in church, on Mother’s Day, for the first time in 39 years, since the conception of my second child, the first to be born, I was guilt-free to celebrate the joy of being a mother. My guilt (no...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

express feelings and not alone

I’m 31 years old,and I was 11 weeks pregnant when I had my abortion. I began the study a week after my abortion. At that moment, I was battling many emotions which I did not know how to process. I really did...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

overcome shame and guilt

This study has helped me to overcome shame and guilt about my abortion. It helped reveal to me some things that I didn’t know that I was not fully recovered from yet. This study is amazing and I would...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

carried shame for 40 years

If there is one thing I would want to share with anyone who may read this, it is this: I carried deep, dark secrets and shame for far too long (some 40 years!). The decision to cover up that shame affected my...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

heart changing love

This study has changed my life completely! If you pray for God to help at the lowest point of your life, He will be there. Remembering that His time is always perfect. I felt my soul was sucked out of me, and...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
← Newer Page 2 of 7 Older →