Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

37 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Grief & Loss.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Grief & Loss × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rape, 25 years later

God is so good. I was not raised as a Christian. In fact the names Jesus and God were only associated with curses. I was a child, or product, of this world not understanding that God was, and is real. The era...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Rape · Sexual Abuse · Sexual Immorality · Substance Abuse · Trauma · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Sometimes grief is delayed

Twenty three years ago after several days of praying and crying, I chose to have an abortion. Only a handful of people knew I was pregnant. None of which supported my decision to keep my baby. Instead of...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Rejection & Abandonment · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I told myself I wasn't thinking about it

I had an abortion when I was 20 years old. I already had one child and was going through a difficult time and I felt like I couldn't deal with another child. I didn't acknowledge my abortion for the next five...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

The Gift of God

My life has completely changed since going through this study. I was carrying the guilt, shame, sadness and bitterness around for 14 years and could hardly stand it anymore. A dark cloud followed me everywhere...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

My priest told me I was forgiven, but I couldn't accept it

About a week before finding healinghearts ministries, I was praying and suddenly got this insight about my abortion. I was being shown that it was my own decision entirely and not the fault of other people...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Rock Bottom

I started this study at rock bottom. I have never felt so depressed or mournful for something I had done. Throughout the study I was led by God and my counselor. They lifted me out of my depression and made me...

Abortion · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

By God's power

Before I came to Christ, I knew I made tremendous mistakes in the past. Two of those mistakes were previous abortions. Four years ago, our first child passed away, and for all this time, I truly believed her...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Holding on to God, Letting go of guilt

Although it still hurts every once in a while to see children the age that Josh Jr. would be, I have always known he is with God. Through this study I have been able to mend my relationship with God and am...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Not alone anymore

I never knew pain, remorse, regret, anger, sadness. It became a part of me after I had my abortion. I never thought that it was a big deal to have one. I wasn't financially stable or married. I thought God...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A mother struggles

Innocent eyes look up into mine adoring and wide and heavy lashed These eyes that love me are so difficult to look into so difficult Trust and Wonder and Love pour out of them so difficult Tiny hands reach up...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

For a very short time So long ago You lived inside me heart and soul. I let them tear you away from me, A day I’ll regret for eternity. But I found a peace, Forgiveness and love, It came, one day from The Lord...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Thank you husband

As a married woman in my early 20’s I became pregnant not once, but twice. Each time I thought I wasn’t ready to become a mother. There were major problems in my marriage and I thought a child would only make...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

[Poem]

Here today... gone tomorrow So starts a lifetime of sorrow The physical pain was short but the emotional pain is long Why did I choose to abort? Why did no one help me see the beautiful creation living inside...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 2 of 2 Older →