Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

192 stories from Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Freedom.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Freedom × Clear filters
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

impactful study

I cannot put into words the impact this study has had on me. God used it to finally set me free from the prison of shame I had been living in for 36 years. I didn’t realize how deep the wounds were because I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

don’t suffer in silence

This study has again fired up my passion to help other women who have experienced abortion so that they do not have to suffer in silence for years like I did. Also, so that they might know that His grace and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freeing healing

I thought I had obeyed our Lord in forgiving others and accepting His forgiveness for my sins, but I had only accepted the bandaid when He offered a far deeper and more freeing healing.

Forgiveness · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

forgiveness poured

Brought up in a pentecostal church, I always thought that there were some things in our life that we need to keep buried and not speak of the past (even if God changed you). I know I carried guilt, shame and...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healing

This study has shown me the love of my Heavenly Father. He forgives me. He wants me whole. Going through with abortion has affect me emotionally, such as anger, depression, seeking man’s approval, low self...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Depression · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healed heart

I just cannot say enough about this study and this ministry. Sue L has done a phenomenal job with Binding Up the Brokenhearted. My e-counselor, Pat, has been so helpful, so loving and so non-judgmental. She is...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Struggles with Forgiveness · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healed of PTSD

This study has helped me so much in gaining more healing. I went through the Hem of His Garment study as well. It was in these studies where I was healed of PTSD and many chains regarding my past have been...

Guilt & Shame · Trauma · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

now understands forgiveness and intimacy

Never will I live or wallow in my sins again. I know through this study has enhanced my understanding on receiving the forgiveness of God for my crimes in taking the life of my own child in my womb, the using...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Abuse · Struggles with Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freed from condemnation

Only God knows the depths of the impact that this study will have on my life. I had confessed my sins of abortion early on in my relationship with Jesus, but never felt free from the condemnation that would...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Hope · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

restored

I went into this study hoping to turn to God to release my anguish from abortion, and received so much more. I did not realize how disconnected I was from living the way God wants me to live. Not only did I...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

silent no more

I had an abortion when I was 19 and for almost ten years I buried my head, heart, and soul in the sands of that one decision until Jesus met me in October, 2015. I was not ready to go through the thought of...

Abortion · Freedom · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

grace, forgiveness

I am so thankful and grateful for the wonderful Bible study and for the generous help from Sharron. I have learned so much about God’s grace and forgiveness and sanctification. The Bible study has taught me to...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

suffering in silence

This study was one of the best gifts that the Lord has given me. Before I was suffering in my silence. Although I loved God, I felt like a prisoner. I was depressed. Full of guilt and shame and felt alone. I...

Depression · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

This study has really freed me and has given me tools to continue to look at myself and my relationship with Christ. I had started to grow cold in some ways. I kept reliving the past hurts, most having nothing...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

free and full

I redid this study after 15 years since my abortion. The Lord laid it upon my heart to share my testimony of my abortion to my church and it was posted publicly. God had done AMAZING GRACE work in my life and...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

this bible study is different

I have done a few other post-abortion Bible studies in the past, all good in their own way, but there was something really special with this particular study. It dealt with so much more for me than my...

Abortion · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

incredible journey

This has been an incredible journey! God has used the Healing Hearts Bible Study to free me from the shame of my past. I know this journey has just begun. But it has allowed me to see how much God loves me and...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

I believed when I got my abortion that it wasn’t a baby yet and it was ok, because it was ok according to the laws. Bringing my baby in to the world would only cause so many more problems not just for me, but...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A Story of Hope

God loves us all. His love for you is unfailing, and He always pours it out. He is always there. You are never alone. God loves you. Don’t forget that. He wants to take the pain you are holding onto. Let Him...

Forgiveness · Freedom · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

released

This study has broadened my outlook on life, opening doors that were never opened before and releasing me from past hurts. It gave me such freedom to release all the guilt, shame and fear I carried for so...

Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Hope and healing

Binding up the Brokenhearted is a study I would recommend to all women living with the sin of abortion - wherever you are on your healing journey. I began this study after accepting Christ’s forgiveness, and...

Abortion · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

life changing

This study has been life changing for me. I have been a Christian for over 35 years, but still carried the shame and guilt from the abortion that I had 45 years ago. Walking though this study with my counselor...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

freed by the love of God

I have been freed by the love of God through the life and death of Jesus to face the remains of over two decades of a sin I could not forget nor forgive. My guide walked with me step by step all the way...

Abortion · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Seeking Truth from Scripture

My favorite part of this study was backing away from worldly advice and seeking truth from scripture. Our friends have well meaning in life, but only God’s Word can offer healing, and set a captive free. I was...

Freedom · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
← Newer Page 2 of 8 Older →