Healing Hearts Ministries International Stories of Hope & Healing

You’re not alone.

For more than 38 years, God has been strengthening and healing the hearts of people, just like you, through Healing Hearts’ structured discipleship counseling.

Find stories like mine

…who have experienced:
…with outcomes God brought about:
Featured Storiesswipe →

37 stories from women in Binding Up the Brokenhearted who have walked through Grief & Loss.

Binding Up the Brokenhearted × Women × Grief & Loss × Clear filters
6:22
Video testimony
Binding Up the Brokenhearted & Restoring a Father's Heart

The Secret That Nearly Destroyed Our Marriage

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Watch their story →
4:15
Video testimony
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

From "don't cry" to crying for 27 years to crying out to God

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Sexual Immorality · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships
Watch their story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

emotional turmoil

I had been living in emotional turmoil for years. I knew that was not how my life should go. Now being healed and set free from my past has really changed my life as I am a better mom, wife and daughter. I...

Grief & Loss · Healing · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

healed

I am beyond grateful and blessed I found this Bible study online. I was in a very sad place for such a long time. Crying, depressed, ashamed... What a complete blessing this Bible study has been for me. I have...

Anxiety & Fear · Depression · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

peace, joy and freedom in Christ

I spent so much time living with a big hole in my heart, trying to fill it with the little that the world offers, trying to distract myself from the pain of my soul, sinking more into sin, living with anxiety,...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Anxiety & Fear · Grief & Loss · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

now a free woman, nothing is the same

20 years ago I found God in the love and acceptance of a high school youth group. 18 years ago my father committed suicide while I was a freshman at college. 17 years ago I decided that my Heavenly Father's...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

from oppressed and afflicted to forgiveness

When I began this study I had lost all hope, I was oppressed and afflicted and couldn't turn to anyone but God. He has heard me and changed me and now I see His love for me. Abortion is forgivable! His Blood...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I didn't want to face any of this...but now I am free!

Going through the Healing Hearts Study has been so releasing for me in my soul. It has helped me to grieve over my children I aborted. I am no longer fearful of even hearing the word abortion. It has given me...

Abortion · Anger & Bitterness · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Freedom · Restored Relationships
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

no more broken heart

I used to try and pick up the shards of my broken heart. Each time cutting myself deeper. Then the Lord led me to this study. He walked with me through the pain and remembrance. He picked up those pieces and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

finding my way back

I had not realized the impact of unconfessed sin and ungrieved loss in my life...a result of 2 abortions when I was in my 30's. Many years have gone by, and I was astonished in the course of the study to see...

Abortion · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

no quick fix, but worth it

Healing hearts has guided me to taking the first steps to save my life. No medicine could fix how I was feeling, and nothing could take the pain of my abortion away. I had made the worst decision of my life. I...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

full of God's Word

I didn't know what to do when God started bringing up the abortion again after so long. I was in a panic because I felt like if I started dealing with this I would start crying and never stop--that I would...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame

Healing Hearts and Mollie helped me find my way back to God. After my abortion I felt such an emptiness, sorrow, regret and shame. I experienced a blackness in my life which I have never felt and I knew I...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Hope · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Abortion at 15

I had an abortion at 15, at 23 I had a baby boy. Without realizing why and with no certain things to cause it, I could look at my son when I would get sad about something and feel the pain of my abortion all...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

29 years ago

Some 29 years ago, I aborted my unborn baby. At the time it seemed the only way to go, I was caught in a cycle of child abuse and did not want another baby. This action led to a life of anguish and suffering...

Abortion · Abuse · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A social worker

For 30 years I have lived with pain and shame because of my abortion. I am a master level social worker and counsel people daily, yet I could not overcome my own hurt. Then God led me to this Bible study. My...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I hated myself, I couldn't take it anymore

I found this bible study on a night that I couldn't take it anymore. The hurt from my previous abortions was more than I could take. I hated myself. I know without a doubt God led me to this bible study and to...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Low Self-Esteem · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

A new sense of peace, real change

It has truly been a journey!!! I know this study has changed my life, my way of thinking and especially my HEART!!! First and foremost I am able to say that I have truly grasped the forgiveness of my sin from...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Restored Relationships · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

10 years since my abortion

Healing Hearts was such a blessing in my life! It has been 10 years since my abortion and not a day goes by that I don't grieve for the loss of my baby. I thought I had to forgive myself for what I did and...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Jesus set me free

I would like to testify that this study has helped me to experience God's love and grace. It has led me through God's healing word which has helped me to break free from the deception, sadness, loss and pain...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

I was in total darkness

A couple of months back I was in total darkness about abortion. I was in great pain, my heart was very heavy in me. I mean I was a completely broken person. I used to search on websites for information on...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Healing · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

Everything is possible

I am very thankful to God for directing me to Healing Hearts Ministries' Binding Up The Brokenhearted online Bible study. It has healed and changed me. In it I found a friend and counsellor, Michelle, who...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope · Identity in Christ · Relationship with God · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

First abortion, tender age of 15..

My first abortion was at the tender age of 15, begining a cycle that wouldn't end until 10 years passed and 5 more lives were taken. In my shame, I kept the number of abortions, and the details to myself. Even...

Abortion · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Identity in Christ · Spiritual Growth
Read my story →
”
Binding Up the Brokenhearted

An answer to my prayers...

An answer to my prayers... I grew up in a home where my dad committed adultery for years and my mother loved him so much she couldn't see past it. She was so devoted to him that sometimes we, the children,...

Abortion · Abuse · Divorce · Family & Relationships · Grief & Loss · Guilt & Shame · Marriage · Physical Abuse · Pornography · Forgiveness · Freedom · Healing · Hope
Read my story →
← Newer Page 1 of 2 Older →